Thursday, 7 August 2014

tartan doors?

A while ago I got a surprise parcel from my friend Freda. I took my time thinking about what I could send to her as a thank you and finally got my act together last week. Freda's told me she's received it - and she loves it all - so I can show now what I sent to her.

A shopping bag (made by me, of course) with birds on the outside - very approriate considering it all started with me admiring some birdy fabric on Freda's blog.

I also sent her some fat quarters which I thought would be appropriate coming from Scotland.

2 tartan ones - Royal Stuart (red) and Black Watch (green) which, again isn't showing up well in the photo. I thought she might be able to use some of those to make doors for her latest project - a small village.

I also included a version of the UK flag in fun colours and a hand print one which I thought was quite appropriate for a friend across the pond - hands across the ocean and all that. As I said, Freda is very happy with everything I sent her which makes me happy too. :o)

Next, I got a bit of a shock when I switched on my computer this morning. According to my yahoo messenger, I had 1147 e-mails to read. Yikes!

I actually had 3 e-mails in my inbox. I was very relieved! LOL

And last but not least, for Debbie. Happy 34th birthday!

16 comments:

  1. Whew! 1147 emails?

    Freda is lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was so glad that yahoo messenger got it slightly wrong. LOL

      Delete
  2. Nice gift for Freda! I'm so glad you didn't really have 1147 emails! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Jennifer. I'd still be reading them now! LOL

      Delete
  3. Love the bag and the fabrics! Just as well you didn't have all those emails, or you would never have time to sew or blog again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL You're right, Anne. Mind you, I'd probably just delete them all so that I could sew and blog! LOL

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday to Debbie. What lovely gifts to send to Freda, I bet she was really pleased. I wouldn't be at all surprised if I turned on the computer to find all those emails waiting for Mick to read, I had to ask him to clear his inbox the other day when I saw he had over 200 unread emails, he doesn't use this particular email account very often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I can't believe my first-born is that old already! 200 "real" e-mails? Crumbs, I hope it didn't take too long to deal with them!

      Delete
  5. I had to check out Freda' s blog before commenting. Her houses are so sweet. The birdy bag is fab and I'm sure she'll be thrilled with those fat quarters. Who wouldn't want more fabric?
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Freda's houses. She's making them with paper-piecing - a thing I have no desire to (aka am too lazy to) try. :oD

      Delete
  6. Well I am glad that you didn't have 1100+ emails to read, that would have taken weeks!! Your gift is lovely and will have been very well received I am sure. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad that I didn't have that many e-mails to read too. Crumbs, it would have taken me forever to get through them! :oD

      Delete
  7. Phew! Those emails would have taken some hours out of your day! You are very special putting the gift together, a real treasure! Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chel. Yes, I've never been so glad that I only had 3 e-mails in my inbox! LOL

      Delete
  8. Happy birthday to Debbie, lovely création.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)