Monday, 25 August 2014

no zigzagging here!

Over the weekend, I decided to do the layout of the blue zigzag quilt. As I was laying it on our bed - who needs a design wall? :oD - I kept mistakingly putting it down in diagonals instead of zigzags. It was almost as if the quilt was telling me it wanted to be different from the pink version so I went with the idea.

I spent some time on Saturday and some time today sewing each of the rows together.

Then pressing them:

And then I joined them all together to finish the quilt top.

All I need to do now is put it on the blue fleece I already have lined up for the backing, quilt it and then decide on, make and attach the binding.

Now, the way I've written all of that makes it seem like everything went swimmingly, doesn't it? Well, let me show you this picture of a small dog who obviously didn't care for the lovely layout I was making! I'm sure you can see she's cackling in this photo! Silly Tilly! :oD

14 comments:

  1. I like this layout....sometimes we just have to let the quilt be boss.

    Tilly thought the quilt was already sewn together and needed a snuggle test :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I didn't think of the snuggle test! :oD

      Delete
  2. I love the diagonal setting - you can have such fun making all sorts of layouts with HSTs. She is indeed a silly Tilly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Anne. I did think of doing a square within a square but the diagonals were easier to figure out! :oD

      Delete
  3. It looks lovely Anne and I really like the diagonal layout, as you say, obviously what the quilt wanted to be! It looks as though Tilly really enjoyed messing things up a little!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did. She couldn't understand why I was waving my arms around at her and trying to grab a hold of her! LOL

      Delete
  4. It's going to look lovely in the diagonal layout. Tilly does look like she's laughing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I'm sure she was laughing in her head at my antics to try and stop her! LOL

      Delete
  5. I really like it in diagonals, it reminds me of a shadow pattern. It's looking great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The carnage was equal parts horrifying yet also hilarious! It looks stunning though - did you manage to reuse the bit that she claimed for her very own? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to make a new bit - the chew marks didn't come out in the wash! :oD

      Delete
  7. Your quilt will look wonderful in a diagonal pattern! I love it! AND your Tilly is adorable! What breed? Flat coated retriever? I have a FCR, her name is Ellie! She lays in the middle of whatever project I am working on to get me to stop. Looking forward to seeing the finished project!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. Tilly is my daughter's puppy. She's a field cocker spaniel who is 9 months old and adorable .... most of the time! :oD

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)