Friday, 29 August 2014

blue diagonal quilt - a finish

I finished hand-sewing the binding of the blue diagonal quilt last night and sewed on the tartan bee label this morning. I love it!

My quilt holder obliged me by turning the diagonals the other way.

And then he suggested he held it on the diagonal. Why? No idea. I photographed it anyway! :oD

The diagonal quilting shows up quite nicely on the blue fleece.

And this photo shows the quilting on the front and the stripey binding. And you catch a glimpse of the Farmer's Wife quilt on the wall behind it. (Posts about that can be found here. Be warned, there are a lot of them!)

I have plans for what my next quilt will be. I've even got the bits cut out for it but I don't think I'll start it for a wee while. Unless the urge takes me, of course! :o)

22 comments:

  1. It is beautiful Anne!!!! All the pictures are fun - including the diagonal! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Anne and doesn't the quilting make a difference. Have a great weekend and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan.It's funny how some rows of straight stitching can make a quilt pop! :o)

      Delete
  3. Anne, you do such nice work! Love that quilt! Bet it is very cozy with the fleece backing! have a great weekend!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I was certainly cosy when I was under it hand-sewing the binding on! :o)

      Delete
  4. It's gorgeous, Anne. I really love the colors and the fleece backing is a wonderful idea. I'm sure it will be really warm and cozy. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fabulous, and very well done to your quilt holder, I think the photo on the diagonal is inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I won't tell him you said so - he might get big-headed! LOL

      Delete
  6. Another beautiful quilt Anne. I bow before you :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilt Anne, as always. It is strange that you planned it to be like the pink one, but it made itself into diagonals, and love the idea of fleece backing. The next one I was to make (by hand so very long job) was likely to have fleece inside as I had some from a previous project that it did not quite fit. Cannot wait for the next one .......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quilt and the binding is perfect! Sometimes our quilt holders can be fun...I love the diagonal photo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna. I've learned to humour my quilt holder - it's either that or I tell him he's being a numpty! LOL

      Delete
  9. The quilt looks wonderful, I really like the diagonal design. You work that quilt holder hard :)
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's BEAUTIFUL Anne! The colors are all so pretty. And you have a quilt holder with a sense of humor!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. He definitely has that! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)