Tuesday, 8 July 2014

sewing for the tartan bee

I've been busy sewing things for the tartan bee shop this week and I made myself sit down and load them in today. I don't know why I always leave the loading in until I have a lot to do. Every time I do it, I tell myself not to do it like that next time and yet, here I was today loading in 12 new items. Och well, they're done now. Yay! :o)

First of all there are four new shopping bags. (There were 6 but Joanna took a fancy to 2 of them so she got a very generous family discount on those.)

And there are 8 new pinnies (aprons). I wanted to keep some of these for myself but I have plenty pinnies and certainly don't need any more so I managed to keep my greedy little paws off them!

I have a few more shopping bags cut out and ready to sew - I think there are 15 in the pile - so I really should get on with those soon. Maybe. :oD

16 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely. Love the fabric especially the cat one. I've got the dog/radley-esque but haven't seen the kitty one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The cats fabric is a Clarke and Clarke fabric called "Felix". I got it when I was in Carlisle at Easter but I'm sure it'll still be available. Try eBay - it's usually much cheaper than my local fabric shop!

      Delete
  2. Your work is lovely, Anne. You're very talented and it all looks so fresh and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I so love your choice of fabrics and it doesn't surprise me that you'd love to keep a couple for yourself. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. If I kept all the ones I wanted to, there'd be none left to sell! Serves me right for buying fabrics I like! LOL

      Delete
  4. Woo hoo for family discount! Thanks! :D

    These are all so pretty! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL You're welcome. And thanks! :o)

      Delete
  5. My goodness, you have been busy! Love it all, except for the cat fabric (you know I don't like the beasties!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I knew you wouldn't like the cats fabrics, Anne! :oD

      Delete
  6. You find the coolest prints, Anne... and everything looks fabulous! You are definitely staying busy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Freda. I have to keep myself out of mischief somehow! LOL

      Delete
  7. They're all beautiful Anne -- you've been a busy girl! I love that VW van print -- it's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. The VW print has been very popular - especially as shopping bags. :o)

      Delete
  8. Beautiful work Anne. Love the Ginger Jar fabric

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)