Thursday, 3 July 2014

rings and fings

I gave myself a rest from dressmaking the other day and played around making some rings.

They're made from cover buttons which are glued with hot glue on to ring blanks. As long as you keep your fingers away from the hot glue, it's a fun game!

Then I took some earrings which I'd got on sale - I think from Matalan?? - and cut the stalks off using pliers. (Yes, I was watching Wimbledon on my iPad at the time.)

Then I used more hot glue to stick them on to kirby grips with pads on them.

Next I made some more kirby grips with covered buttons and a ring and a pair of stud earrings.

The earrings were made with a smaller size of cover buttons - 11mm. (The ones I used for the rings and kirby grips were 15mm.)

These are a great way to use the tiniest of pieces of fabric from my scrap boxes which I can't seem to make myself throw out. I think I could make them for the next 10 years and I still wouldn't have used up all the scraps! :oD

8 comments:

  1. Well those certainly are cute! When I use hot glue with tiny projects I always end up burning myself! You must have better hand and eye coordination than I do! LOL!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I have a wee sticky label on the side of my hot glue gun to remind myself that the glue is REALLY, REALLY HOT. I still usually manage to burn myself, though! LOL

      Delete
  2. Hot glue guns are the bane of my life but so good at sticking they're irresistible! These look so good. I love the thriftiness of every scrap being used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Jem. I love my hot glue gun - but my fingers dread me using it! LOL

      Delete
  3. They look fabulous, very pretty. I've never used a hot glue gun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Hot glue guns are fun - but can be dangerous to fingers too. Or maybe that's just me - and Jem and Linda above! :oD

      Delete
  4. Your rings look amazing. What a wonderful way to use up those tiny scraps. I love using my glue gun, I find it a bit addictive.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali. They are addictive - but highly dangerous to the ends of my fingers! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)