Friday, 11 July 2014

blogging from my camera

This is another post where I just show you photos from my camera with a few words of explanation.

First of all, I made some new cushion covers for the livingroom. They're made from this Ikea fabric which Douglas and Joanna bought for me on a recent visit they made to that store. (I had Tilly whilst they were away - I'm sure I was more exhausted than they were when they got back! LOL)

I didn't know what to make with the fabric - bags or pinnies to sell? - when I realised it would be perfect fabric for the new cushions I'd been planning in my head for a long time. The fabric is so much fun - every time I look at a cushion, I see something different!

There are 5 on the big couch (where I sit):

And 3 on the wee couch (where Douglas sits):

I did some baking. These are almond biscuits which I'd never made before. I'll definitely make them again - they are so delish!!

And last but by no means least - a dress. That fits! Yay! I was so chuffed with the dress that I asked Douglas to take some photos before I'd even sewn the hem up - it's just pinned. LOL

He took this one outside with his iPhone.

The back of the dress:

It has pockets! Woohooo!!

I knew if I kept them long enough, I'd one day find the perfect use for these green buttons. Today was that day.

The pattern is this one:

After all the shenanigans I had trying to get dress bodices to fit me a few weeks ago, I'm really so pleased with the way this dress turned out. I'm even more pleased that the fabric cost me £5. Yes, you read that right. £5. It was a single duvet cover from Asda's with front and back made of the same fabric so I got 4 metres of polycotton fabric for £5. A-ma-zing! :o)

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress Anne! I absolutely love the bodice on this one and full skirt! You have quite a tan going...I haven't been in the sun at all this summer. Yes, I DO live in Fl but it is either raining or too hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna. I have what I call a typical Scottish tan - it looks okay from the front but the back view is much whiter. I only sit in the sun - I don't lie down to be able to get the backs of my legs/arms done so they're a bit peely-wally! :oD

      Delete
  2. What great new cushions for your sofas! And your new dress is beautiful... gorgeous!

    The almond biscuits look yummy... recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Freda. I'll write it down to blog about the recipe - hopefully soon! :o)

      Delete
  3. The cushions look great and what fun fabric. I'm so glad you've found pattern that fits properly and it sure looks lovely. You are so clever. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I was so chuffed when the dress fitted me - and it's so comfy as well! Wheeeee! :oD

      Delete
  4. Yey Anne! Your dress is fabulous and fits like a dream! Love the button detail at the back, you've made such a good job of it! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helen. It was your comment about the Simplicity Amazing Fit patterns that made me look at them in more detail. So thanks for reminding me! :o)

      Delete
  5. Stunning dress - you look fab! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel fab in it too! :o)

      Delete
  6. Love the dress, I've written down the pattern number and will look for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janet. The smaller size version has a different (thin) girl on the front of the pattern - definitely not realistic for my size! LOL

      Delete
  7. The cushions are so cute! I love that fabric too. I really love the dress, it looks beautiful on you! That would be a good style for me, because I'm busty and short-waisted and I carry all my weight in my torso. I hate how so many dresses now have empire waists, it's exactly the wrong kind for my body because I look like I'm pregnant. :) I will have to look for that pattern and maybe try it myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. I'm so glad I've now found a pattern that fits and that I like. I suspect I'll be making a few more of this dress. :o)

      Delete
  8. The cushions look great in that fabric.
    Your dress turned out great and looks so lovely on you. Love the button detail at the back.
    Mmm, those biscuits look so good!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done you for the dress making and the fabric purchase!!!! It is a great way to buy a lot of fabric for a good price isn't it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. I got another duvet cover today for £5 so I see another dress being made quite soon. :o)

      Delete
  10. Oh your dress looks wonderful, you should be proud. I'm really impressed with your resourcefulness with the duvet cover. Those buttons are gorgeous.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali. I went looking again in Asda's today and they had some more reduced to a fiver. Naturally, I bought another one! LOL

      Delete
  11. Anne, that dress is so pretty and looks wonderful on you! I always have a time fitting myself which is why I stay away from sewing for myself. You, apparently have it down to a science! Love it!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I'm not too sure about that but I appreciate the vote of confidence! :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)