First of all, I made some new cushion covers for the livingroom. They're made from this Ikea fabric which Douglas and Joanna bought for me on a recent visit they made to that store. (I had Tilly whilst they were away - I'm sure I was more exhausted than they were when they got back! LOL)
I didn't know what to make with the fabric - bags or pinnies to sell? - when I realised it would be perfect fabric for the new cushions I'd been planning in my head for a long time. The fabric is so much fun - every time I look at a cushion, I see something different!
There are 5 on the big couch (where I sit):
And 3 on the wee couch (where Douglas sits):
I did some baking. These are almond biscuits which I'd never made before. I'll definitely make them again - they are so delish!!
And last but by no means least - a dress. That fits! Yay! I was so chuffed with the dress that I asked Douglas to take some photos before I'd even sewn the hem up - it's just pinned. LOL
He took this one outside with his iPhone.
The back of the dress:
It has pockets! Woohooo!!
I knew if I kept them long enough, I'd one day find the perfect use for these green buttons. Today was that day.
The pattern is this one:
After all the shenanigans I had trying to get dress bodices to fit me a few weeks ago, I'm really so pleased with the way this dress turned out. I'm even more pleased that the fabric cost me £5. Yes, you read that right. £5. It was a single duvet cover from Asda's with front and back made of the same fabric so I got 4 metres of polycotton fabric for £5. A-ma-zing! :o)