Friday, 13 June 2014

pink zig zag quilt - getting there

I did the quilting on the zig zag quilt on Tuesday. For the quilting, I stitched ¼" away from the seamlines on only the white parts using pink thread.

I didn't think I would have enough of the pink thread to use in the bobbin so I decided to use white thread. I actually think the white looks great on the pink fleece on the back. It shows up but it doesn't shout out at you.

I then cut up some pink and white stripey fabric for the binding. It came from my stash and it's almost a perfect match for the pink fleece! Amazing!

This shows the binding already sewn on the front (by machine) and pinned on the back ready for me to hand-sew it down.

I started that this afternoon whilst watching the tennis on the telly. I'm halfway round now so, hopefully, I'll get it finished tomorrow.

14 comments:

  1. It looks really pretty, the bindings a perfect match. Hope your enjoying the tennis. I was disappointed Andy went out. But we have Wimbledom to look forward to.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sad to see Andy go out too, Ali. Let's hope he's spent the time wisely practising hard for Wimbledon! :o)

      Delete
  2. Great job, it's gorgeous - and so neat :-) Have a happy weekend, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking great Anne. I love the stripey binding and also the pink and white thread for the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna. I was too lazy to go out to get more thread but it worked out well - thankfully! :oD

      Delete
  4. It's really looking beautiful. I love the binding; I'm trying to learn how to make my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. I'm sure you'll manage making one of your own very well. :o)

      Delete
  5. Really lovely (as usual) Anne I love the quilting white on pink and vise versa; it really sets it off well. Have you decided what you are going to do with it yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alison. I suspect it'll go to my daughter's shop in Perth. :o)

      Delete
  6. I am really enjoying watching this blanket develop Anne. Nearly there!! Have a wonderful weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's looking fabulous. I bet you've got it all done by now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. It is all finished now. Woohooo! :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)