Monday, 16 June 2014

pink zig zag quilt - finished

I finished sewing the binding of the pink zig zag quilt yesterday afternoon whilst watching the tennis from Queen's. Joanna kindly held it up for me to take a photo of it. Love it! Love. Love. Love it!!

But what's this? A certain small dog was sitting watching wondering why she wasn't getting her photo taken!

I know! I'll bomb this photo by jumping up on the quilt! good save, Joanna! :oD

We managed to get Tilly to sit on the chair by promising that she would be in this photo. Isn't she sweet? Butter wouldn't melt and all that! :oD

Quilt details:
Finished measurements: approx 46" x 46" /116 cm x 116 cm
All cotton fabrics on the front.
Bright pink polyester fleece on the back.
Binding: a stripy pink and white cotton from my stash which matches the fleece (unbelievably) perfectly.
Verdict: I love it. I will be making another as soon as possible in blues or blues & greens or blues & purples or a mixture of all of those!

14 comments:

  1. Love the quilt! Not so sure about the photo of Tilly jumping on me/the quilt, though! The pheasant also looks well and truly dead in that photo. Poor thing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. At least Whisky still has his nose intact! :oD

      Delete
  2. A great finish Anne! That Tilly is always such a joy to read about and see. I'm sorry she jumped up on Joanna but I think she is just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna. I was just glad Tilly jumped on Joanna and not on me - for a change! LOL

      Delete
  3. The quilt looks fabulous, and Tilly as ever is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. She certainly makes like fun! :oD

      Delete
  4. I'm not surprised you're pleased with it, it's really lovely, and Tilly is just beautiful too, but I've got a case of the wanties now after seeing Joanna's slippers, how cute are they.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Joanna's slippers are always fun. I'm surprised Tilly hasn't chewed them to bits - yet! :oD

      Delete
  5. I love it! It turned out so beautifully, you must be so pleased with the results....btw Tilly is so cute. My dog feels very ignored if I sew for too long so she starts carrying my sewing supplies away so I will retrieve then from her.
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Tilly decided my pincushion was very interesting the other day. Luckily, I got it from her before she could do herself any damage!!

      Delete
  6. Your finished quilt looks wonderful. It appears that Tilly's claimed it, he he.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I think she wanted to know what Joanna was doing with it and why I was taking photos of it and not her! :oD

      Delete
  7. It's beautiful Anne -- I love the pink and white together -- such a cute quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna! I've made another one this afternoon. I think I might be a bit obsessed with this pattern! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)