Wednesday, 11 June 2014

my week according to my camera

I was transferring the photos from my camera this morning and, when I looked at the photos, I was amazed. I thought "Oh, that's what I was doing this week!". Let me show you.

A pencil case for Joanna. She wanted one which had lots of room in it.

Another orphan ear-ring used for the zip pull.

The ends aren't quite right but I managed to stop myself from unpicking them to sort them ... just!

Spotty innards.

Then I started drawing up plans for a pegbag. One of Debbie's customers had asked about them so I thought I'd see what I could come up with.

Here's the result. I'm going to re-make it with a smaller hole. I think the pegs would all fall out of this one!

I made the custom order for 2 bags from a previous Etsy customer. She has e-mailed me to say she is thrilled with them. I do love a happy customer!

The choir I sing in had its last concert of the season last Friday. It was a complete surprise to me that I was presented with a bouquet. I have just stepped down as Chairman of the choir after 7 years and they wanted to show their appreciation of all I had done in the last 7 years. I was delighted to get them! This is them when I first got home.

Then in the morning.

And on the sideboard in our dining room so I can see them as I sit here.

Joanna had started sewing some culottes. I finished them off for her. Sorry about the FPS - fuzzy photo syndrome.

I had bought a top a good few weeks ago but hadn't worn it because I felt it was just a smidge too low for me so I added some lace to it.

And I finally made myself pin the zigzag quilt ready for quilting it. I wonder if I'll get it done today? Only time will tell.

16 comments:

  1. The little bag looks lovely. What a lovely gift for your seven years of hard work and I expect you are going to stay on in the choir. I made a peg bag and posted about it a few weeks ago, but was not pleased with the interior, but nobody sees that except me. I don't wear low-necked tops either. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am staying on in the choir, Susan. I'm just not going to be doing any behind-the-scenes stuff any more. I am soooooo looking forward to just turning up and singing! :o)

      Delete
  2. You have been busy. I love the peg bag fabric, I've said it before but I'll say it again, you choose some wonderful designs. The flowers are beautiful, they're even more special when they're not expected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. The funny thing is, although I was no longer on the committee, I kept reminding those left on that they needed to get bouquets for the musical director, accompanist and soloist. I never thought for one minute that they'd get me one too! :o)

      Delete
  3. Holy Cow woman -- you're putting us to shame!!! Looks like you're getting lots of fun sewing in. I LOVE the pencil case and it's fabrics -- both inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of sewing done but not much housework done. Mind you, that's always the case around here! LOL

      Delete
  4. You've had so much going on. Your sewing is wonderful! I love that cherry fabric. And what lovely flowers, you are clearly loved and appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of lovely makes as always, and a lovely bouquet of pretty flowers - well deserved, I'm sure.
    Have fun quilting!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gilly. I got the quilting done today - have the sore shoulders to prove it. Next it's the binding and then it'll be done. Yay!!!

      Delete
  6. Your flowers are beautiful, what a lovely gesture. I think the peg bag looks great, I like to have a good rummage around the bottom of mine so a large opening would be good. Great to see the quilt is really progressing fast.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali. My family told me I was being too picky about the pegbag. I just felt it wasn't very deep. Maybe I should take it outside and fill it with pegs to test it! Then I'd know if it worked or not! :o)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful flowers and a very nice gesture! I love the little doggies on the pencil bag and the chickens on your customer's bag. Great idea adding lace to the top. All great things Anne...you have been quite busy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been busy!! I love the pencil case and the bags. How lovely to receive the flowers ...... I still a little bit of greenery from the ones that Stuart sent me for Mothers' Day, in a little vase on the kitchen windowsill, with the card tucked in - it makes me smile every time I wash the dishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that these will last a while. Carnations usually last a few weeks so my fingers are tightly crossed. :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)