Tuesday, 3 June 2014

a bag, more bags and the rhodi

Another week gone by with no blog posts from me. I can't even tell you what I've been doing since the last time I was here - not because it's a secret, but because I have no idea! I do remember sitting outside in the sunshine with a notebook and pen and making great plans but those plans mostly involved things like "tidy out kitchen cupboards", "tidy out all drawers in the bedroom". Have I done any of that - no, of course not! :oD

Since I can't remember what I did last week, let me show you what I made yesterday and today. It's another version of the "For Pleats' Sake" bag from Lisa Lam, found here. (It's free).

This is the inside fabric. Don't you just love it? I do!

I decided to make my own handles this time using the same fabric as the outside of the bag and some round metal rings I had in my stash. I'm very happy with the way they've turned out.

Next on the agenda is more shopping bags. Debbie's shop is running short of them - yay! - and I've got a special request for 2 more from a previous customer from my Etsy shop - yay, again! As you can see from those piles of fabric, I have lots of bags to cut out before I can get on and get them sewn.

The eagle-eyed among you might have spotted that my ironing board and cutting table have changed places in my sewing room. This was because I always seemed to be standing in my own light at the cutting table so I've put it right in the middle of the room. It's actually given me more room to work as I can now get to all four sides of the table instead of just the one side.

My last photo is our rhododendron. I don't think it's ever had so many flowers on it. Isn't it fabulous? :o)

15 comments:

  1. You've evidently been so busy, that's why you can't remember. The bag looks lovely, as does your rhododendron.
    Hope the sewing goes well and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't time fly. I think it was time well spent enjoying the sunshine and not cleaning the cupboards. Your bag is
    wonderful. I will have to check out that pattern. Looks like your going to be busy stocking up for Debbie's shop and
    new orders. Your rhododendron is a beautiful colour, looks like it's also been enjoying the sunshine.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it did enjoy the sunshine, Ali, as it's been bucketing rain here today! Ahhh, summer! :oD

      Delete
  3. You always choose such gorgeous fabric, even for the lining of your creations. Glad to hear that your little enterprise is going well, it's great that you're getting repeat custom and that the bags are selling well in Debbie's shop. Your rhododendron is beautiful, it must bring a smile to your face each time you see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I'm trying not to feel overwhelmed at how many bags I need to make but it is a good feeling at the same time! You're right about the rhodi bringing a smile - it's just so beautiful! :o)

      Delete
  4. Your bag is beautiful! I love it so much. It's very professional-looking. I'm glad your business is going so well, what a wonderful feeling that much be. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bag!! The rhodi is looking good - I think the milder winter has meant a lot of plants have burst into flower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. I think you might be right about the mild weather. We didn't have any snow that lay at all last winter so none of our plants got flattened!

      Delete
  6. What a cute bag -- and I DO love that binding too! Yay for more bag orders!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. I'm almost wishing it would stop being sunny so I can get the bags cut out. :o)

      Delete
  7. You are such a busy Bee!! The bag looks lovely with extremely neat pleats (I am in awe of you!). As for the Rodi, well I am finding this year that all the blooms are coming out and so quickly. My garden will run out of things to do in the summer!! Have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chel. Let's hope the gardens just make more of the same rather than running out of things to grow! :o)

      Delete
  8. The bag is very pretty and cute too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)