Monday, 26 May 2014

zigzag quilt top finished and Tilly & Whisky

Over the weekend, I got the top of the pink zigzag quilt made. First of all I laid the pairs of squares on our bed and made sure I liked the layout. I actually managed not to spend half an hour moving them around! Yay!

I then sewed the rows together and gave them all a good press.

And here they are all sewn together in the finished top.

I now (just) have to pin it onto a pink fleece blanket, quilt it, bind it, label it and then it'll be done.

I didn't get that done today, though. I had some important mending to do. Meet Whisky. Tilly loves Whisky.

In fact, Tilly loves Whisky just a bit too much! She chewed his nose off! Yikes! (Look away now if you're faint-hearted!)

She sat patiently on the stool watching me fix Whisky ...

... for about 5 seconds. Then she thought she'd better look at my noticeboard.

When I looked at the photo above, I realised she was looking at the photo of Molly I took this time last year. It still makes me laugh!

I did get Whisky mended. He now has no nose which reminds me of that old joke.

My dog has no nose.
How does he smell?
Awful! :oD

14 comments:

  1. Your unfinished quilt looks beautiful, I can't wait to see it 'just' finished. Poor Whiskey, Tilly's had a right good go at his nose. It's a good job she's got you to mend it for her.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to spend a lot of time mending doggy toys these days! :oD

      Delete
  2. The quilt looks fabulous! Years ago when we had a spaniel puppy, she stole Stuart's Andrex puppy, which he had had since he was a baby - she then stole a teddy that his cousin gave him when he was born, and they became her puppies. She would curl up round them on her beanbag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None of our own dogs played with soft toys the way Molly and Tilly do. Rosie did have some but she didn't wander around with them in her mouth - or chew their noses off!!

      Delete
  3. The quilt top is gorgeous! You made this so quickly. Tilly is adorable. Poor Whisky, I feel bad but it was kind of funny to see him without a front end, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Jennifer. It was kind of hard not to laugh at poor Whisky's noseless dilemma! :o)

      Delete
  4. Aw, poor Whisky but look at Tilly! How can you be angry with such a guilty looking face :-) Your quilt is looking amazing, you are so talented! Have a wonderful week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tilly has mastered the act of "I'm far too cute for you to be angry with me". Of course, I'm a bit of a soft touch anyway when it comes to the dogs - but don't tell them that! :oD

      Delete
  5. Groan. That's terrible. They do seem to latch on to one particular toy, don't they? Thank goodness you were able to repair Whisky. They quilt's looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Yes, Tilly is very fond of Whisky so there was no way I could not mend him! :oD

      Delete
  6. Oh my stomach hurts from laughing so hard... Tilly is too much!

    I absolutely LOVE the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna. Tilly always makes us laugh. She's certainly fun to be with! :oD

      Delete
  7. Poor, poor little Whiskey -- looks painful LOL! I LOVE your cute zigzag quilt -- adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)