The pink edge is the top of a divided pocket on the outside.
Here's the other side - no pocket on this side.
And the inside.
The photo's a bit dark but the lining is the same pink as is on that pocket edge. I didn't have a bright pink zip so I used a lilac one instead - no point in going out to buy a zip when I had one which matched just fine. I was a wee bitty worried about sewing the zip around the corners but I just used lots of pins and snipped the zip tape to make it lie flat.
I wondered what I'd use for handles. I could have made some out of the same fabric but I was digging around in my drawers - tee hee :oD - and found some royal blue polypropylene tape which was a perfect match so I used that. I ran the ends over the top of a candle to melt them to stop any fraying, then I just sewed them on.
I really like that I made this totally out of things I already had and didn't have to go out and buy anything. I also liked that I made up the pattern myself from scratch. Go me! Most important of all, though, is that it fits the laptop perfectly and that Joanna loves it! Yay! :o)