Friday, 2 May 2014

laptop case

This week's sewing time was spent making Joanna a case for her laptop. The fabric I chose is very appropriate, don't you think? I had 2 fat quarters of it so I knew I'd have enough with leftovers.

The pink edge is the top of a divided pocket on the outside.

Here's the other side - no pocket on this side.

And the inside.

The photo's a bit dark but the lining is the same pink as is on that pocket edge. I didn't have a bright pink zip so I used a lilac one instead - no point in going out to buy a zip when I had one which matched just fine. I was a wee bitty worried about sewing the zip around the corners but I just used lots of pins and snipped the zip tape to make it lie flat.

I wondered what I'd use for handles. I could have made some out of the same fabric but I was digging around in my drawers - tee hee :oD - and found some royal blue polypropylene tape which was a perfect match so I used that. I ran the ends over the top of a candle to melt them to stop any fraying, then I just sewed them on.

I really like that I made this totally out of things I already had and didn't have to go out and buy anything. I also liked that I made up the pattern myself from scratch. Go me! Most important of all, though, is that it fits the laptop perfectly and that Joanna loves it! Yay! :o)

20 comments:

  1. Very cute! Fabric is adorable and of course perfect for this project!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric is just perfect. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! Everything is perfect as usual! No wonder Joanna loves it... who wouldn't?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love it! It looks amazing and my laptop fits perfectly! Thank you, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks good! Love from Majorca!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. I envy you the warmth of Majorca! Bring some of it back with you when you come home, please? :o)

      Delete
  6. I love it! The fabric pattern is just perfect. Well done you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go You indeed - it's fab!
    Happy Sunday,
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Anne. Isn't it great when you make something from all those bits you've leftover. The case looks brilliant. I love the fact it's a one off and no one else has one. You do realize you will have to go out and replenish your stash :)
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, now I didn't think of that, Ali. I like that idea a lot! :oD

      Delete
  9. Very Clever Anne -- and that fabric is just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)