Wednesday, 7 May 2014

finished - the spotty quilt

I decided that the time had come to quilt the spotty quilt I started a wee while ago. I checked back on here and found that it was the 28th of March that I blogged about making the quilt top. I'm not sure that that can really be called "a wee while ago" - more like "quite a wee while ago"!!

Anyway, I got on with it and, by yesterday evening, it was ready for me to hand-sew the binding to the back. I thought it looked really good all folded and waiting to be sewn so I took a photo of it that way. As you do. Or at least you do when you're a blogger! LOL

I asked Joanna to help me take photos of it in all its glory this morning so here it is.

She insisted I took another photo as she hadn't been smiling in the first one. You can see her smiling in this one, can't you??

And here's the perfect fleece which I admit I bought for the back. I didn't want to have to buy a new piece of fleece but none of the fleece blankets I had were big enough. When I saw this spotty fleece, I knew I just had to buy it. It's just so perfect for this quilt!

I love everything about this quilt - the spotty fabrics in the big squares, the navy and white making it all pop, the orange spotty I used for the binding and the spotty fleece on the back. I had thought about doing fancy round quilting - circles or a spiral - but I actually think the diagonal lines set the whole thing off perfectly. I LOVE it! :o)

19 comments:

  1. What a fun quilt Anne... I LOVE IT, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, that spotty fleece is perfect for it. What a lovely smile Joanna has.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely finish - well done, it looks fab-u-lous!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt looks gorgeous and the fleece is perfect for the backing. You can tell Joanna looks really happy showing it off :)
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your fleece backing and think maybe you could call that quilt - Squared Spotty. (giggle). I think you do such lovely work and am amzed at your output. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, gorgeous colours and a lot of fun. I was wondering, is it just the two layers? I think that would make it lovely and warm but also quite light and easy to use on, say, a spare sofa bed (I'm hatching a plan to become a quilter).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just the two layers and it does make a very light but very cosy quilt. Ideal for on the couch or a spare bed or even as a picnic blanket!

      Delete
    2. thank you for that. Hope you have a lovely day.

      Delete
  7. I love the spotty fleece idea. Such a lovely blanket xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)