Tuesday, 13 May 2014

12 pinnies, 2 tops and a funny

It's been another of those weeks where life gets in the way of blogging but I am managing to do some sewing so let me show you what I've made - or at least some of it. (Someone has a birthday this Friday so I can't show you everything I've made because it would spoil the surprise!)

First of all, these are the 12 pinnies I cut out a while ago. I've finished them and they're all pressed and ready to go to Debbie's new shop in Perth tomorrow with Douglas. I meant to take proper photos of each one but forgot and they're now in the car ready for transportation so this will have to do!

Next a sleeveless top in some spotty fabric.

I made it using one of my tried and tested patterns - Simplicity 2599, view D this time - without the frilly bit.

Then I made another one using a piece of batik from my stash.

I made a third one with fabric Joanna gave me for my Christmas but, for some reason, there's no photo of that one so I'll take one soon and show it off too.

I have to tell you a funny story. Mum's been in hospital this week to try and see if her confusion and general being unwell is "just" a chest infection. I went up to visit her this afternoon and I told her she was in the hospital to see if the doctors could find out what was wrong with her.

This is how the conversation went:

Mum: I know what's wrong with me - a chest infection .... oh, and there's something wrong with my stomach.
Me (startled): What's wrong with your stomach?
Mum: It's too flat!.

Have you any idea how hard it was for me not to laugh out loud and say "I wish I had that problem"?

By the way, there's nothing wrong with mum's stomach - other than it being too flat! :oD

12 comments:

  1. You've been busy as usual. I buzzed over to take a look at Debbie' s shop. It's gorgeous. I wish I lived closer then I could take a real look around. I love the batik fabric, it's made a lovely blouse. I hope your Mum is better soon. I have to say she made me laugh out loud. How many of us complain our stomachs are too flat.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali. I don't think I've ever had the "problem" of a flat stomach! :oD

      Delete
  2. Your mum is funny, I'd like that problem too. Your blouses are beautiful, I love the batik fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. Me too! :o)

      Delete
  3. Lovely blouses Anne. Hope your Mum will be OK and that she is only confused because of the chest infection. Sending love to you both. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. I appreciate it. :o)

      Delete
  4. How I'd love your mum's problem, remove the l and that's what my stomach is. Hope she's better soon. Looks like you've been busy with your sewing machine, I love the spotty fabric you made your blouse from. Debbie's shop looks wonderful, it's a shame I don't live near otherwise I'd be in there like a shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Yes, you could remove the L for me too! :oD

      Delete
  5. Wow Anne! You have been busy. I love the tops and both fabrics.

    Your Mum is a hoot! I, too, wish I had a flat stomach. Hope she feels better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna. The thing is, my mum wasn't even trying to be funny. She was deadly serious! :oD

      Delete
  6. :-) Can you ask her how she manages to get it flat Anne, I really need help! In the meantime, I hope she feels better very soon. Your wonderful needlework is as beautiful as ever. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chel. Unfortunately, she keeps her stomach flat by not eating a lot. A gust of wind would blow her away she's so thin!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)