Tuesday, 1 April 2014

swapping rooms

There's not been a lot of sewing done over the last few days around these parts. The reason for this is that I decided to move my sewing room from the smallest bedroom into the much bigger spare bedroom. I had to wait for this move until Debbie and Jason moved all their stuff out and that happened last Friday and Saturday so on Sunday, Joanna and I made a start.

This is the empty room with only the double bed in it - and the spotty quilt still waiting to be finished.

The first thing we moved through was the table where the sewing machine and overlocker sit. Tilly was already bored with this game! :o)

Then we brought in the bookcase.

Then the cutting table on the right and the chest of drawers.

On Monday I emptied the Billy bookcases - this is them still in the wee room with the newly-shifted double bed.

This is some of the fabric from those Billy bookcases ...

... and here's the rest.

Douglas helped me move the bookcases through and then I got them loaded up again. Needless to say, they've already been rearranged and no longer look exactly like this!

This afternoon I nailed up my noticeboards ...

... and rulers.

I am so excited to have such a big sewing room. It's so tidy right now, I'm almost unwilling to do any sewing because it'll just get messy. I'm not worried about that feeling - I know it won't last long!

Now this scene made me laugh. It's my old Teddy and Dolly and Grace who were put on the wee room floor whilst all the moving was going on. I have no idea what they got up to but Teddy definitely looks like he had a great time! :oD

14 comments:

  1. Ooh how exciting! Isn't it lovely once everything has been moved and is all neat & tidy, to just stand back and enjoy ?
    I love the way Tilly just seems to have slept through most of the process!
    Have fun in your new space,
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gilly. I've done a lot of sitting and admiring in the last few days. I need to knuckle down and do some sewing now! :o)

      Delete
  2. A great idea so you can have more space. With all that you do, I'm sure it will work in your favour. Hmm, wonder what that little lot were up to? Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what they'd been up to, Susan, but they definitely looked like it had been a lot of fun! :oD

      Delete
  3. Woo hoo - fun times! I love the photo of Teddy, Dolly and Grace. Teddy is obviously smitten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolly and Teddy have known each other for a very, very long time. I always wondered if there was some romance blooming! :oD

      Delete
  4. How wonderful to have more space. I can see your productivity increasing, there'll be no stopping you now. Moving rooms obviously isn't a game that Tilly enjoys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Tilly got bored really quickly which wasn't necessarily a bad thing. It meant we could move all those tables etc without her being underfoot! :o)

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your new and larger sewing room! Don't envy you the move but everything fits in perfectly. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The move was actually easier than I thought it would be - probably because Joanna helped. If I'd had to do it all on my own, it would have taken a lot longer.

      Delete
  6. I love the photo of Teddy - he looks as if he has had a very good time!! When we lived in our last house Stuart left home - he was hardly out the door when I moved my sewing room from the smallest room into his room - and to his annoyance I decorated the room, which I hadn't done in the several years he occupied it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd thought of moving my sewing room into the spare room for a while, Anne, but it always seemed to be full of other people's stuff. Almost as soon as it was cleared, I was right up there planning where things would go. I did think about decorating it but didn't want to wait for the paint to dry! :oD

      Delete
  7. Ah yes. This is how it starts. (Or in your case, since you're not new to this sewing gig, how it continues. Moving into a bigger room. Then pretty soon, you'll have to take over the smaller room too -- TWO rooms. It's a good problem to have! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL You could be right, Anna. I suspect I'll soon have sewing stuff in both rooms - and in the cupboard at the top of the stairs and my wardrobe and ... etc etc! :oD

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)