Wednesday, 16 April 2014

small things

The concert on Saturday evening was really good. It was fun to sing in and the audience were all very appreciative. I don't know how much money was raised for the RNLI but the raffle alone made £186. Not too shabby!

I didn't think I'd been doing much sewing recently but, when I looked in my camera, I found quite a few wee things I'd made.

This lips pouch (tutorial here) makes me smile every time I see it. It was a fairly easy make so I see myself making more of these.

Then I made this green boxy pencil case. (I can't find the link to the tutorial I used. If I find it, I'll edit it in.)

The ends were a bit of a pain in the neck to do.

I think it was because the pencil case itself is quite small. Maybe if it was slightly bigger, the ends might not be so fiddly. Maybe.

I then made a flat pencil case.

I just made this one up as I went along. Basically, instead of sewing the pencil case along all the edges (after putting in the zip), I only sewed it along the bottom - the edge opposite the zip. Then I folded the case, right sides together so that the seam I just sewed was right underneath the zip. Then I sewed the short edges. Easy peasy!

I like this one a lot and can see myself making more of these.

Then I made a lunch bag.

I combined sizes/instructions/ideas from a few tutorials which I'd found on Pinterest and, although I do like it, it could do with a few more tweeks to make it better still.

And finally Tilly. I was up on a set of steps the other day when Tilly decided she needed to see what I was doing. It's not a great photo because of the light but you get the idea. Silly Tilly! :oD

10 comments:

  1. Glad the concert went well and hope it made quite good money. Love all your bits and pieces you've been sewing and yes, you have done a lot. Hope you didn't step on Tilly. Take care and have a lovely Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL No I didn't step on her, Susan, but I did nearly fall off the steps because of her! At least it wasn't a long way down! :oD

      Delete
  2. Awww, silly doggy. It's a good job they weren't long ladders up to the roof! You've made some lovely things, I love them all but especially the lunch bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so funny, Jo. She was just like "What are you doing up there? I'll just come and see for myself!". :oD

      Delete
  3. I love the lunch bag too... lovely fabric and cool idea! A girl needs a cute lunch tote! I also like the flat pencil case b/c, altho the boxy one is cute, I think the flat one would tuck into other totes/bags more easily. The "lips" pouch makes me smile...

    "Who says only cats are curious, Mom?" said Tilly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, Freda. Although maybe "nosey" would fit Tilly better than "curious"! LOL

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on all the money you raised at the concert, that's brilliant. I love the lunch bag, the fabric is lovely. I can see what you mean about the pencil case ends. It looks great but I can imagine a bit fiddly to make due to the size. Good to see Tilly gets to join in all the fun.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Ali. It took me longer to do the ends of the green pencil case than it took to make the whole of the rest of it. Totally not worth the effort in something that small. :o)

      Delete
  5. You have indeed been busy! I love the lunch bag and the pencil cases. Well done on the fund-raising!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)