Thursday, 17 April 2014

an early Easter greeting

Douglas and I are going away for the weekend and, oh boy, I am sooooo looking forward to it. It's been quite a stressful year for me so far with mum going into hospital then into a rehab hospital and now (thankfully) being looked after in a care home. She gets the best of care and I am so happy that she's in there even if she's not always so happy about it. I suppose, after 85+ years of being independent, it must be hard to give that independence up - even if she knows she just can't look after herself any more.

Anyway, for the next 5 days, I am going to try and not think about all the ins and outs of everything that needs to be done about clearing and selling her house etc etc. I'm going to try really hard to be calm and peaceful and just chill. Whether or not I succeed remains to be seen but I'm going to give it a jolly good go!

So, let me wish you all a very early "Happy Easter" and I'll see you when I get back.

6 comments:

  1. You just take care and make sure you both relax, enjoy each others company and put yourselves ahead of everything else for the weekend. We all need to take a deep breath and step back at times. Here's me telling you what to do and find it hard to do it myself, but I do understand. Happy Easter to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A well deserved break if ever there was one - enjoy and Happy Easter x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Relax and enjoy the weekend-you deserve it! Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! You make sure you have a wonderful, restful time and enjoy all those chocolates peacefully :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear you and your DH are getting a much deserved break from the day-to-day stuff... you have had had a challenging year. Safe travels and.... relax, refresh, renew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you're enjoying your weekend away, relax and take it easy, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)