Monday, 28 April 2014

a fabulous parcel from Freda

On Saturday I got the best surprise in the post. It was a parcel from my blogging friend Freda otherwise known as The Empress of the Universe.

Let me give you some of the background to this story. Freda showed us on her blog in February, a piece of birdy fabric which was just too adorable. I made a comment on a later post that I was so happy to see that same birdy fabric in my local fabric shop BUT it cost £13.99 a metre - the equivalent of approx $21.47 a yard!!! I told Freda I wouldn't be buying any of that fabric any time soon.

Well, Freda e-mailed me telling me I had to send her my address and I wasn't to ask why. I did and I didn't - and anyone who knows me knows how hard that was not to ask her why!

So, on Saturday this parcel arrived and in it was a fat quarter of the same fabulous birdy fabric.

And another fat quarter of another fabulous birdy fabric.

Not only that but each of those had inside them a fabulous co-ordinating fat quarter.

There was also the most fabulous pouch made by Freda - I know she'd made it because I'd admired it on her blog.

But wait! There was another fat quarter inside the pouch!

Isn't it fabulous?

I love the inside of the pouch as well!

And then there was the note included in with all of those goodies.

It reads "for Anne - a friend whose work I admire, who makes me smile, and who has gotten me hooked on cute birdy fabric. Enjoy - Freda".

I've thanked Freda (profusely) already for all my goodies but I want to say it again here. Freda - you're the best! Thanks again and again. :o)

10 comments:

  1. How lovely and such a wonderful surprise. There are certainly some cute fabrics about. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fabulous surprise, Susan! :o)

      Delete
  2. There are some really lovely people in the world. How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous parcel, and wonderful fabric, I can see why you admired the birdy fabric. It's heartwarming to know that people can be so kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Heartwarming" is exactly the right word, Jo! :o)

      Delete
  4. Oh what a wonderful surprise. Blogging people are so kind. I can't wait to see what you make with all that delicious fabric.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what I make with it too, Ali! :oD

      Delete
  5. ...and you've made me smile again today, Anne! So glad you enjoyed your little surprises...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did - and do, Freda! I'm still smiling about them all! :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)