Friday, 25 April 2014

13 photos worth!

Well, finally, here's the post with some photos of our weekend away. I've tried to limit myself to only a few but there are still 13 of them. I know how looking at other people's holiday photos can be snoringly boring so feel free to ignore and move on. :oD

Okay, let's start with our room in our B&B - The Hill on the Wall. To say it was a fabulous place is an understatement.

A window seat!! I want one so much!

And this is the view from our room window. Couldn't you just sit and look at this view all year long? I could!

Next, here are some of the places we visited.

Carlisle Castle:

Carlisle Cathedral:

Lanercost Priory:

And Hadrian's Wall:

I don't know who this fool is - actually I do. He's my driver! :oD

Here's the loot I bought. You didn't think I wouldn't buy fabric when I was away, did you?? :oD

And there always have to be a funny photo - other than the one above of my driver! I'm not sure if this dog got up on the chair by himself or not but he was sitting on it quite happily waiting for his owner to come out of the barber's behind. (The man on the left was just another numpty like me taking a photo of a cute dog!)

The weather was glorious every day we were away. If only I could say the same today! It's bucketing rain right now with thunder forecast for through the night. Oh joy!

12 comments:

  1. The photos are lovely Anne, and as with a few of my other blog pals, you make me so homesick for UK and I'm not even English, but am married to one. Looking forward to seeing what you do with some of that great fabric. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment, the fabrics have just been added to the piles. I do have plans for them but I have no idea when I'll get time to do those plans! :o)

      Delete
  2. Love the fabric purchases........
    And the castle.....!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a nice time. Great photos! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking at holiday photos so do feel free to post more. Your b+b looks fab and the view is stunning, but oh, that window seat, I'd love one too. You've brought back memories of a trip to Hadrian's Wall I had with school, blimey, it must have been 35 years ago. Love that cute little dog in the chair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was on a tour of Roman Britain when I was at school too, Jo, but my trip was in 1969! How scary does that sound? :oD

      Delete
  5. You look as though you had a busy but lovely time, and what a place to relax at the end of the day! I saw a similar thing the other day with a dog on a mobility scooter, however this one was on a rug at the owner's feet asleep. It was as though he was laying in front of a fire! Have a wonderful weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a lovely time, Chel, and the weather was glorious which made it even better.

      Delete
  6. What a lovely B & B. I agree with you the window seat is gorgeous. Wonderful view and you could cosy up with a good book. I'm sure the dog got plenty of attention while sitting on the barber's chair. I had to laugh that you bought fabric while away. We're going away next month and what am I planning? Where are the fabric shops, he he. I'm sure it's an addiction.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I did that before we went! That's how I knew where the mill was that sold curtain fabrics at less than half the price in my local shop. :oD

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)