Friday, 14 March 2014

white blouse with fabulous buttons

I finished the white blouse this afternoon and I am soooooooooo pleased with it.

It fits me beautifully - all over. The sleeves are perfect so that 45 minutes I spent expandng the pattern was well worth the time.

Here's the pattern I used. I made view A with no pockets and the sleeves from view D. I just know it'll now be one of my go-to patterns.

Now, much as I'm really happy that the blouse fits me so well, that's not the best thing about this blouse. This is the best thing about the blouse:

Can't see them very well? Here's a closer look:

Aren't they fun? I bought these buttons when I worked in a fabric shop in Inverness. I left that job when we moved here in 2000 so those buttons have been waiting a r-e-a-l-l-y long time to be used. Well worth the wait, in my opinion! :o)

20 comments:

  1. Really worth the wait. Lovely blouse, and very versatile too. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well worth the wait Anne and I really love the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love the buttons. The blouse is gorgeous, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have some of those buttons left if you're ever in need of some. :o)

      Delete
  4. Lovely blouse and such cute buttons. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should be on the Sewing Bee Anne!! Those buttons are so adorable xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh crumbs, no, Chel. I'd never be able to do what they do. Sewing for 7 hours at a time would just kill my back. But thanks for the thought! :o)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks! And thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. :o)

      Delete
  7. Well, I was loving the blouse until I saw the buttons - how could you use buttons with those creatures on them!! (sorry, I've never liked cats, and I definitely don't like our neighbours' multiple cats who use our garden as their toilet!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the buttons, Anne. Our neighbour's cat used to do that too until Molly arrived. She was so much bigger than Rosie that the cat finally got the message that this wasn't his garden and to go poo in his own!

      Delete
  8. What a lovely blouse and, yes, very cute buttons! And I have buttons that were my grandmother's that I still haven't found quite the right project for, so I'm fairly sure that - within limits; I suppose if they were very brittle I might not use them - buttons don't have a use-by date. And, as my mother was wont to remark, which probably means that she heard it from her mother, they won't eat anything in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the blouse, but I agree with you about the buttons, they're so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eeeek! Those little buttons are adorable Anne! What a great blouse - that pattern looks familiar -- maybe I have it in my stash LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. I wore the blouse last Friday and am even more pleased with it now that I've worn it! :oD

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)