Friday, 28 March 2014

spotty quilt

This week I've been making another quilt top a bit like the last one I made but just a wee bit different too. I decided I wanted all the coloured squares to be spotty-dotty.

Big spots, wee spots, tiny spots, teeny tiny spots, irregular spots. You name it, they're in there.

I also wanted the sashings to be dark so I chose navy blue and wanted to have cornerstones on the sashings in white. I finished the patchwork part this afternoon and I just have to say - OMG, I LOVE it! I think it's just stunning! I don't care if that makes me sound big-headed. It's true! :oD

I have to share the photo of my special wee helper who was guiding me when I was sewing in the cornerstones this morning. You can't really see her cheeky wee face because of the window behind her but she was determined to help me. Thanks, Tilly. You were a great help! :oD

18 comments:

  1. Wow, the quilt top is really lovely, I am not surprised you are so proud! When I see how quickly you can make up quilt tops like this I am really pining for a sewing machine, but know that at present there really is not enough time to even get it set up, let alone to do any sewing! I only seem to find the time to do a tiny bit of knitting or crochet each day at present, hopefully this will change at some point in the future. Cannot wait to see the finished article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the spotty quilt. And Miss Tilly is a wee devil - but a sweet one! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she was enamoured with the sewing machine - and with the wee bits of fabric going in and coming out of said machine! :oD

      Delete
  3. Very cool... the navy sashing really pulls everything together and the white cornerstones make all the dotty squares pop! Great job!

    *wondering how many polka dot fabrics I have*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I needed 49 for this quilt - and I had that and more! :oD

      Delete
  4. I think you've got the cutest little helper ever. The quilt is gorgeous, I've got a thing about spotty things so I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves spots. I don't what it is about spotty things that just make them feel happy! :o)

      Delete
  5. You're right to be proud -it's gorgeous! And I love your wee helper too :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE the new quilt top and NO, you are not big-headed just because you are excited about this quit. This is a wonderful top and you have very right to be proud. (I woulde be!)

    And, of course, there is sweet Tilly... oh how adorable she is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, just love that quilt and what a way to go using all those spots. The dark sashing sets it off beautifully.
    Lucky you with such a sweet helper. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Anne, I'm attempting my first patchwork quilt... you will laugh when you see it. Yours looks amazing and I love the sashing. Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure your quilt will be beautiful, Chel. I can't wait to see it - I definitely won't laugh!

      Delete
  9. It IS stunning Anne! I LOVE your choice of navy for the sashing. And, of course, I LOVE the dots. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. I am so, so pleased with the way it's turning out. :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)