Tuesday, 18 February 2014

jacket, trousers and my block design

In my week's worth post last week, I forgot to mention that I'd sewed myself a jacket. This is a (not-so-good) photo of it.

This is meant to be a close-up of the stripey piping I put between the yoke and the main part of the jacket but the photo didn't quite work. The piping isn't fuzzy like that at all! But, actually, this photo shows the colour of the jacket better than the last photo does so I left it in.

This is the pattern I used - view C like the model's wearing.

Today I finished some trousers which I cut out on Saturday. There was a time that I'd cut out and finish off trousers all in the one day but not at the moment. Right now I'm delighted that I got them done in less than a week! Again the photo leaves a lot to be desired. The trousers are navy blue!

This is the pattern I used for the trousers. One of my all-time favourites. In fact, it's so old, it's more than likely out of print!

The calculations for my quilt block are trundling along.

I don't think this design is unique by any means - there can't be many quilt blocks out there that haven't been made before! - but this is my version of this one. Even as I was sewing it together, I had to change some of the measurements on my pad as bits sewed up bigger or smaller than I expected them too.

I can see myself making this block up into a quilt top. I'd probably rotate each block through 90º along the row. Maybe. :o)

14 comments:

  1. I really like the colour of your jacket. I am can see why your trouser pattern is a favourite, especially with it saying it only takes two hours. I can't wait to see more of your quilt design, something I still haven't dipped my toe into.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali. I wish I'd kept a count of how many pairs of trousers I've made from that pattern! I know it's lots and lots! :o)

      Delete
  2. You use graph paper for doodling and figuring too! Love it... also like your purple jacket! It looks great! And when you find a pattern you like... you stick with it just like you are doing! You're a gal after my own heart...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Freda. I love squared paper! It makes me so happy to colour in the squares! What a saddo! LOL

      Delete
  3. Your productivity always inspires me, Anne! Love the purple of your jacket - just a perfect match for these current grey days.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gilly. I did wear the jacket last week but it's actually not warm enough to wear it yet. Maybe in April - or July! :oD

      Delete
  4. All fab! All I've done in the last week was thinking about doing stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more you think about doing stuff, the less you do the stuff! :oD

      Delete
  5. Your clothes sewing is coming along a treat. I hardly sew clothes for myself anymore. Just the odd thing or two. That block is looking good, and look forward to seeing them made into a quilt. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colour of the jacket. It's so handy to find a pattern you like and you're able to make it again and again knowing you're going to like the finished garment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using the trousers pattern because I know it fits me. I don't even need to try them on as I'm making them. Yay! :o)

      Delete
  7. That is a pretty jacket Anne and I love the piping...even with the shading...kinda cool :) The trousers are amazing...you inspire me to want to learn how to garment sew.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)