Wednesday, 26 February 2014

dogs and dressmaking

Tilly continues to grow like a weed and has a lot of fun playing with new "toys". Like a big box.

Molly came to stay for the day yesterday and she spent a most of the time watching out the front window from the piano stool. When it eventually got dark, she was not chuffed when I shut the curtains!

I managed to get some sewing done this week. 4 pinnies which will (eventually) get listed in the tartan bee shop. 2 like this:

And 2 like this:

And a red blouse which was a redesign of my favourite blouse where I wanted to see if I could make the sleeves less of a dropped shoulder. It still needs lifted a wee bit higher but it made a wearable blouse which made me happy.

Although the blouse is plain, the buttons are anything but!

Update: My mum gets moved tomorrow from the rehab hospital where she's been for the last 3½ weeks into a care home. She's a bit apprehensive but she knows there's no way she can now look after herself at home. I think, if she makes the effort to be social, she'll be happy in the home. (Joanna and I went to see it a few weeks ago and we've both decided we want to live there. And we don't want to wait until we're old! LOL) I'm hoping that I'll get more time to do "ordinary" things again when she's in the care home - like blogging and sewing and baking and sew on. :o)

16 comments:

  1. ...love that chicken/rooster fabric! Makes great pinnies. And that blouse is styling, my friend!

    Change is hard for all of us... I'll be praying for a smooth transition to her new home and much happiness for your mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Freda. I'm really hoping mum makes the effort to join in with the other residents. It'll definitely make her life better if she does! My fingers are very tightly crossed! :o)

      Delete
  2. I can't blame Molly for spending time looking out of your lovely big window. It looks the perfect place to read a book. Love the hens and the cheery buttons. I hope your Mum settles into the care home. It will be peace of mind for you.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali. I want a window seat made for that window so I can just sit there and read. Mind you, I'd probably have doggy company if I ever did get one! :o)

      Delete
  3. Tilly is too cute in that box and Molly looks quite sophisticated on the piano stool looking out the window.

    I can't tell you how much I adore the pinnies...I LOVE roosters and hens!

    The blouse is a very pretty color and the buttons add a little pizazz (is that a word?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a word, Jeanna, and it fits those buttons perfectly. And thanks! :o)

      Delete
  4. Love the pics of Tilly & Molly as always - they are just adorable. You've been busy too, the fabric of the pinnies is perfect for Easter. Hope all goes well with your mum's move,
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gilly. Mum's moved in now and was a bit overwhelmed with it all when I visited her. I'm just hoping she sleeps well tonight to make tomorrow a better day.

      Delete
  5. Tilly is certainly growing, but still looks very cute. Lovely aprons and the blouse also looks good.
    Hope your Mum settles into the home quickly. My Dad is in care, but that is because he has dementia and is now very frail. It's sad, but I've learnt to live with it. Hope you do get to blog more as we miss your interesting posts. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. It is hard when our parents get old and unable to do for themselves any more.

      Delete
  6. Awww, nothing nicer that being surrounded by doggies, and that pair are real cuties. Love the pinnies, the fabric is great. Hope everything goes well today for your mum's move. There's some great homes about, some are more like hotels, and treat the residents like guests. It sounds like you've found one like that for your mum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mum's room is exactly like a hotel room, Jo. Joanna and I were definitely jealous of her today! :o)

      Delete
  7. Tilly is just so cute in that box!! Hope all goes well with your Mum- it will be a relief for you knowing that she will have round the clock care in the home. When we used to visit Malcolm's Dad in the Home, there were always several little old ladies sitting on a big sofa in the "reception" area, all higgledy piggledy and leaning against each other, like puppiesnin a basket!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, I wonder if that's why the chairs in the home's sitting room are all individual chairs - with high sides to keep them from leaning over too far? :oD

      Delete
  8. Awww, look at that cute puppy in the box! Sorry to hear about your Mum -- I hope she'll be happy in her new home. Making that transition is such a hard decision. I love the pinnies out of the rooster fabric. And another top -- your getting a great new spring wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)