Wednesday, 12 February 2014

a week's worth

A week since I blogged? Really? So what's happened this past week?

Douglas had a birthday so we had sandwiches and cakes for tea that night.

Joanna made him cakes in the shape of a golf course complete with a fairway where the ball is, a bunker and green with a flag. Genius! And it tasted great too! :o)

Tilly was at last allowed out for walks so we took her to the beach. The tide was coming in (fast) and she wasn't really too impressed by that fact!

Douglas tried to reassure her that all was well but I'm not sure she was convinced. (I'm not sure what Joanna is doing here. I don't think Joanna knows what she's doing here! LOL)

We went up off the beach on to the higher path which she liked a lot.

She went as far as her lead would let her.

And had stops along the way just for a wee breather.

She's now been at the park too but I didn't take my camera so no photos of that. She enjoyed that tremendously and even met some big doggies there. Fun times!

As for me in the sewing room - I've done a bit of tidying and mending and other boring bits and bobs. Then I got myself a piece of squared paper thinking I might draw out a pattern for a quilt.

It's not nearly done yet - the way I've got it right now, the ninepatched bits will need to be 1 7/12". That's just not going to happen so I'm going to rethink those measurements until I have something I like - or at least something that I have on a ruler!

20 comments:

  1. Oh I just loved Douglas's birthday tea and Joanna's cake is brilliant. Tilly made me smile hiding behind Joanna. Our dog was not happy when we went out in the wind and the rain today. I am so impressed with your quilt design. I can't wait to see how it progresses.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali. It's almost as if Tilly was trying to climb up under Joanna's coat! :oD

      Delete
  2. A belated Merry Birthday to Douglas...hope he enjoyed his cakes. Very creative cakes indeed.

    I LOVE Tilly movies. Maybe she will like the water better when the weather warms up a bit.

    Can't wait to see your quilt come to fruition...looks like a lovely start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tilly liked the sea better this week when the waves weren't so noisy! :oD

      Delete
  3. 1 and 7/12ths? Egad! More figuring is definitely required!!!

    Happy belated birthday to your DH! The sandwiches and cakes look yummy...

    Poor Tilly... she didn't want anything to do with that cold water and I don't blame her one little bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Freda. I worked it out and thought "what does 7/12ths of an inch even look like?". I'm in the process of working out some better numbers! :oD

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday to Douglas, although a bit late. Thought you'd been a bit quiet and had thought of sending an email. Tilly is certainly growing and must be a bundle of fun. That quilt looks quite interesting and easier measurements could be a good idea. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! You're right! Tilly is a bundle of fun but, some days, she's too much fun for me! I must be getting old! LOL

      Delete
  5. Belated Birthday Wishes to Douglas!! That is most definitely my kind of birthday tea!! Tilly is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. We don't have "plastic bread" often but there's nothing like it for making sandwiches! :o)

      Delete
  6. I think everyone should have cake & sandwiches for their birthday tea! That's a lovely spread - happy belated birthday to Douglas. And Tilly is just THE cutest, I really just want to cuddle her! Such a happy wee pup, her tail is going at full speed on the beach :-)
    It's been a week since my last post too - where do the days go?
    Have a lovely weekend
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tilly is adorable, Gilly. Even though we knew she was scared of the waves, she was having fun just being allowed out to walk at last! :o)

      Delete
  7. What a yummy birthday tea, and that golf course is fab. Tilly wasn't going to get her paws wet, that's for sure. It's great when they can eventually be taken out for a walk, so many new experiences for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tilly was always chewing her lead when we took her out in the garden to practise. We knew, once she was really out walking, she'd be so nosey/interested in everything around her, that she'd soon stop chewing it. :o)

      Delete
  8. Aww, little Tilly's tail wagging away until towards the end, so sweet! I hope your weather hasn't been too bad up there. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had a lot of rain here, Chel but nothing like it's been down south. I hope it's not been too awful for you!

      Delete
  9. What was in the sandwiches? I liked the Tilly movie. Personally, I think she was begging to be held. When mine is scared she jumps on my legs and begs to be picked up, like a toddler does. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was egg and tuna in the sandwiches, Les. Not together! LOL We knew Tilly wanted lifted but we weren't going to be down there for long - the tide was coming in fast! - so we just left her to get used to the sea!

      Delete
  10. I love the way you plan quilts -- paper and pencil -- the best way to do it imho LOL. And sweet little Tilly -- she's growing like a weed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt like a kid with my squared paper and coloured pencils, Anna. I loved it! :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)