Wednesday, 5 February 2014

a couple of blocks

First of all, thank you all for your kind comments and best wishes for my mum. She has now been moved to another hospital where she will be kept until a care plan has been put in place. We're not sure if we can put that plan in place or if we have to wait for social services to do it but, in the meantime, mum is being looked after 24 hours a day so I'm (fairly) content with that for now.

The other day, my friend Freda - the empress of the universe - shared a link to a Missouri Star Quilt Company video for the disappearing pinwheel block. Oh. My. Word. I wanted to go and make it right away. Unfortunately - or maybe it was fortunately - it was bedtime so I had to wait to be able to give it a go.

I enjoyed making the block and can see myself making a few more. Isn't it great! You should really go and see what Freda made with her blocks. Fabulous!

Another block I've been wanting to make for a while is the "square in a square" block. Actually, it should really be called the "square in a square in a square" block but that's neither here nor there. :oD

I have quite a few of these squares with sewing paraphernalia in them so I'm definitely going to make more of these blocks and maybe make myself a lap quilt or wallhanging with them.

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad that things are settling down a bit for your dear mother... and that she is getting the care she needs and deserves.

    Love how your disappearing pinwheel block turned out and the square within etc block too. You find the cutest fabrics, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Freda. And thanks again for the inspiration! :o)

      Delete
  2. I'll be sending all positive thoughts your way for your Mom.

    I love your disappearing pinwheel block. Missouri Quilt Co. makes great tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna. I can - and do - spend hours watching Jenny Doan. :o)

      Delete
  3. Fabulous. I love that square in a square. Glad to hear that things are going on ok for your mum at the moment, I hope you get the care plan sorted out soon so that you're not in limbo for long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's spooky - on Friday at patch'n'chat, Katy came in all excited about a new block she had just been shown - yes, it was the disappearing pinwheel block!
    Glad your Mum is being well looked after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is a bit spooky, Anne. :o)

      Delete
  5. I am glad to hear that your mum is being looked after well at the moment. Let's hope you settles soon and starts to improve. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope alls going well with your Mum. Your quilting looks gorgeous. I keep wanting to have a go but I don't have your maths skills :)
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)