Monday, 20 January 2014

miscellaneous sewing

I've made a few things in the last few days. First of all, I made a new cover for one of my pin cushions.

I made a wee toy for Tilly out of some leftover fleece and bits of ribbon.

It quickly became one of her favourite toys!

I finished off a jacket for Debbie which she had started but had given up on when the sleeves were too tight. I cut new sleeves, sewed them in and finished it all off. I hope it fits her now!

This is the last 3 of the blouses which I cut out way back in October. I decided that, since they would all be sewn with white thread, I would just sew them all at once. This is where I am with them at the moment. It doesn't look like I'm getting on very well but it always feels like that when I sew multiple things at a time.

And finally, I went to a local hardware department this morning and bought a 4 foot wardrobe rail complete with fittings and 8 S hooks. I put the rail up myself under my sewing table and hung up my scissors on the hooks. I LOVE it!

16 comments:

  1. Those are some major projects to be labeled 'miscellaneous' Anne. Cute toy for the cute pup! I haven't sewn garments in years but I do love to see what you are making. Lucky Debbie to have you rescue the jaccket.

    Genious idea putting the hanger under the sewing table to hold your scissors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in the sewing room this afternoon and was so pleased to have the scissors handy but also out of the way. I wish I'd thought of it sooner! :o)

      Delete
  2. Brilliant inspiration. I would never have thought of the scissor rack. I know what you mean when you say about 'multiples' they seem never ending then all of a sudden you have a creation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Alison. I sewed for a wee while this afternoon and felt I didn't get very far but soon I'll have 3 blouses all finished at once. Yay! :o)

      Delete
  3. Ooooh, that rod for the scissors is fantastic Anne! I can think of lots of good uses for that -- what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. I tried hanging my rotary cutters from it too but the S hooks were too big for the holes in those. Maybe I should look for some smaller ones! :o)

      Delete
  4. That scissor holder is genius. Tilly *loves* her Stegosaurus so thank you from her! We also still need to go over my dress patterns - eek!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When she chews that steg to bits, there's plenty more fleece and ribbons to make more! :oD

      Delete
  5. You are so clever! The scissor rack is a great idea and Tilly's new toy is obviously well loved! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant toy for Tilly, and I am very impressed with your scissors - I just keep mine in a drawer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had mine standing up in a pot but it kept falling over so I really wanted to hang them somewhere handy but not in the way. So far I'm really pleased with the rail and S hooks. :o)

      Delete
  7. You have been ever so busy and what a cute toy for Tilly. Mending, sewing for yourself and then that great scissor keeper, well done. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I didn't think I'd been very busy until I blogged about what I'd done! :oD

      Delete
  8. Archie would love that toy, he's not one for things like balls, he likes cuddly things, he's a big softie. Tilly is just so gorgeous, keep the photos coming. You've done a good job on the sleeves on Debbie's jacket, it would have been a shame to leave it unfinished. Great idea on the scissor rack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time Tilly comes along here, it seems she has a "new" toy. What's actually happening is Joanna is doing some clearing out and Tilly's toy collection is growing from that! :oD

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)