Sunday, 26 January 2014

blouses, empty crates and "but where are they?"

I finally finished the three blouses! Yay! Go me!

They're made with one of my favouritest (!) blouse patterns - McCalls 5359.

Here they are. I'm so happy with them all.

After I'd tidied up the blouse sewing mess, I looked in my crate to see what else was in there waiting to be sewn. Nothing!

And in Joanna's crate? Nothing! She had gone through the stuff in the crate last week to see if she really did want those summer dresses made out of that fabric. She didn't so she took it all home with her! Another empty crate! Yay!

And, in Debbie's crate? A quilt pattern waiting to be cut out. She bought this the first time we visited her in Canada - in June 2010. I don't think it's going to get cut out any time soon so we'll just leave that in her crate for now!

What am I going to sew next? I haven't a clue! I have tons of dressmaking I could be doing. Tons of patchworking I could be doing. Tons of dog toys I could be sewing. Tons of sewing I could be doing for the tartan bee shop. Tons of tidying and tossing I could be doing. We'll just have to wait and see! :o)

And finally a Tilly movie. Douglas and I had been iChatting with Joanna and Tilly last night and she - Tilly - just couldn't understand how she could see us and hear us but we weren't there. She rushed to the front door to see if we would come in that way like we had the other day! Bless!

12 comments:

  1. Yay, go you indeed! That must be a really good feeling :-) And oh my word, how cute is wee Tilly - just want to cuddle her!
    Have a lovely week,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gilly. Yes, Tilly is very cute. I do cuddle her as often as she'll let me! :oD

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your empty bins and almost empty one :) I'm sure once you start you tidying up you will find things to fill one up again.

    Adorable Tilly...give her a pet from me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have no doubt my crate will be filled with things to make soon, Jeanna. I just don't know what they'll be ... yet! :oD

      Delete
  3. You're so mean to Tilly - making her think you're visiting and then not!! ;) (Gracious - my house is a coup in that vid!)

    Love the shirts, too!

    J & T xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure it won't be long until those boxes are full again with things you want to sew. Awww, poor Tilly, she just can't understand why you're not coming through the door. Archie's ears pricked up when he heard her crying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She just didn't understand how we weren't behind the computer - or coming in her front door. Apparently, when she disappeared through the house, Joanna let her out of the back door and she rushed to the side gate to see if we were there. I don't think she's ever seen anyone go into Joanna's house that way so how she knew it was even a possibility is beyond me! :oD

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your empty crates. Although I bet they will be full soon. I hope Tilly gets to see you for real soon. She must have wondered what an earth was going on.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tilly was along here today whilst Joanna was at the dentist. I got nothing done in the time she was here! It's amazing how you forget that looking after a puppy is hard work! :oD

      Delete
  6. You could come and do the sewing in sone of my boxes for me .......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Em, no. But thanks for asking! :oD

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)