Thursday, 5 December 2013

getting rid of the gloop

The weather here left a lot to be desired - a huge understatement!! Wild winds, heavy rains, sleet, snow, sunshine, showers, more rain, more winds. Just a generally yucky day!

So, what do you do on a yucky day? You go through your nail varnishes and throw away all the ones that have gone gloopy over the years that you've had them.

First of all I took them all out of the basket where they're kept and stood them all up in rows.

But, as Joanna pointed out, that wasn't tidy so we then put them in rows of makers.

Then we took some arty shots.

Then we went through them all opening them to check that they weren't gloopy. This was all I was left with - plenty there to choose from!

I tidied them one more time.

I look quite pleased with myself, don't I? :oD

Fun stuff!

13 comments:

  1. Oh my word, that's a LOT of nail polish!! Looks like fun though :-)
    Happy weekend and hope the weather has improved a wee bit,
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Before yesterday, I don't know when I last threw out a nail varnish. It does feel good to have done that! :oD

      Delete
  2. I hope you are all safe and warm, that was a bit of storm! Remember if they're gloopy, add a few drops of nail varnish remover and it's usable again (shouldn't have said that as you will rummaging for the old ones again!). Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably just as well our buckets got emptied today or I might have been tempted to do some rummaging! :oD

      Delete
  3. That's a lot of nail varnish. I think I might have a couple of bottles hidden somewhere that's all, I only occasionally wear it on my toes, never my fingers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't wear it often but, when I do, I want to have something that goes on easily and quickly. Gloopy nail varnish just doesn't do that very well! :oD

      Delete
  4. Who knew that you could have so much fun with gloop!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Does that make me sad? :oD

      Delete
  5. That post definitely made me smile. Your weather has just been a worse version of ours. We had squalls of lashing rain, (some with a little substance), wind and very cold, but it's supposed to be summer here. Take care and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, the wind and rain passed over us fairly quickly. Today it's "just" freezing cold which is easier to deal with than gale force winds!

      Delete
  6. So lovely to see a picture of you Anne! And, yes, you did look quite pleased....as you should be. Going through nail polish is not fun...but you made it so :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry but how many bottles of nail polish does one need? Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)