Sunday, 29 December 2013

filling in the blanks

Now that Santa has been, I thought I'd fill in the blanks that I'd been making for Christmas presents.

First a bag for Debbie:

and one for Joanna:

Diary cover for Debbie:

and one for Joanna:

And a cover for Douglas's iPad Air.

Douglas uses his iPad a lot for his work so I had thought I might put a label on it, like the ones on the girls' diary covers, with "I'd rather be golfing" on it. However, the cover took me far longer than it should have to finish because of my stupid "that bias binding isn't good enough so it needs to come out and be done again" syndrome. Needless to say, after I'd ripped it all off and attached a new piece, it didn't look any different from the first binding. *sigh* Anyway, after that, I just couldn't face making the label. Douglas likes it just the way it is, thankfully! :o)

12 comments:

  1. You were a great Santa to some very lucky recipients. Those are wonderful gifts Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous makes = lucky family! Wishing you & yours a happy, healthy & creative new year ahead. Love & hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gilly. I hope you have a great 2014! :o)

      Delete
  3. What wonderful and thoughtful gifts. I'm sure they were very well received.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. They were very well received. :o)

      Delete
  4. You are a sweet elf! So many lovely presents for your loved ones! Great job on all, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful gifts as always, my favourite has to be the tartan bag though. I am sure I have some Scottish in my blood somewhere (really wish I did as I love Scotland).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely handmade gifts for your family and hope Xmas was great and have a Happy New Year. We watched the tattoo last night, which is always on at this time of the year here in Oz. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. Happy New Year to you too! :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)