Monday, 9 December 2013

essential sewing

Even though I have stuff in that crate to sew before Christmas, I had to make these wee things today as they have to be posted tomorrow as that's the last posting date for mail to Canada.

I started cutting out the paper pieces for this apron to make for E's dolly. I had cut out all the fabric for the contrast pieces when I asked myself what on earth I was doing. I had only today to make this - and a couple of other things - so why on earth would I choose to make an apron with all those pieces and which needed pockets with edgings, various gathered bits and ricrac sewn on various bits etc etc. It's all lovely but ...

I came to my senses and miniaturised my own pinny pattern to fit the dolly. I am so chuffed with how it turned out! Grace kindly offered to model the pinny for me. (E's dolly is exactly the same as Grace.)

Then I thought I'd make the wee oven glove from the pattern above to match it. I've put my 6" ruler beside the glove to show how really teeny tiny it is!

And here's Grace wearing the pinny and oven glove. She looks ready to take something gorgeous out of the oven!

Then, I made 2 bibs for B - the wee brother of E. I'm quite chuffed with how these turned out as well!

I am definitely going to sew stuff out of the crate tomorrow. Definitely. Yes. I. Am!!!

15 comments:

  1. Lovely pieces for the sweetest doll! And B's bibs are adorable as well. You certainly have it all going on Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those wee little pinnie, mitt and bibs are just adorable. I can't blame you for getting sidetracked - once again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, these are all so sweet - now knuckle down and get that crate emptied ;-)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gilly. I made a start to the crate stuff today. Yay! :o)

      Delete
  4. I just love that tiny oven glove - I don't have the patience for small-scale sewing! Now knuckle down and get on - I'll be chained to the sewing machine all day (but then I get to go out to play at Abbey Quilters' Christmas Party this evening!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. I did manage to knuckle down today. Yay!!

      Delete
  5. Fabulous. It must take some patience sewing such tiny garments, especially the oven glove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. The oven glove was a bit finicky to make but it was so cute when it was done, it was all worth it!

      Delete
  6. Love these accessories. In the past I have dabbled with dolls clothes, but although they can be quick to make they are also really tiny! We all have to bite the bullet and do the 'essential' but not much fun things as we get much closer to Christmas. Oh well, can't be all fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alison. I made a start to the other stuff I *need* to make today. Yay! :o)

      Delete
  7. Ooh, those are so cute on that doll. Not made dolls clothes in years, though that is a lie, now I come to think of it, as I knitted some barbie clothes a couple of years ago. Hope you get the essentials made. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's cute about the miniatures of your aprons and oven mits.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)