Tuesday, 12 November 2013

4 out of 7 made!

I've now made 4 of the 7 blouses I cut out a few weeks ago. I made the first two before I got caught up with the rice bag making for Debbie's stall last week. Sorry about the bad photo - I had to use the flash. The fabric isn't really blotchy like that!

They are both made with my remake of New Look 6407 and both made with remnants from the remant table in my local fabric shop. A blouse for £4 isn't to be sneezed at!

I made this one yesterday. It's my all time favourite blouse pattern - McCall's 5359. I had originally bought this fabric to make a dress with but I was honest with myself and knew I'd get more wear out of a blouse than a dress so I listened to myself and made the blouse!

This one isn't finished in this photo as the buttonholes aren't cut and the button threads aren't finished off but you get the idea. This was another £4 remnant.

I've still got 3 blouses cut out and ready to sew but whether I make them next or not all depends on how I feel when I get into my sewing room tomorrow. :o)

18 comments:

  1. All very gorgeous! Well done you! J :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are very busy Anne! That sewing machine of yours must really keep humming! Lovely blouses and quilte a bargain too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blouses are sew pretty, Anne. I have never made any clothes.... But seeing your great handiwork sure makes me think I should! Maybe I should start out with pajama pants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, pyjama trousers (as we call them) would be a good place to start, Lorna. :o)

      Delete
  4. I need some of your sewing mojo (and expertise!)-it's taking all my energy trying to work out the collar on a dress and get that finished while you're producing all these pretty blouses en masse! Well done,they're lovely - and a bargain to boot!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing is, I've made so many of these blouses, I don't even look at the instructions any more. I was going to say "I could do them with my eyes shut" but that's maybe not a good idea when pins and needles and scissors are involved! :oD

      Delete
  5. They're all fabulous. It must be really handy being able to make your own clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. It certainly saves money when I can get a blouse out of a £4 remnant!

      Delete
  6. Lovely blouses, I have not made clothes for 3 years, I had to stop as my wardrobe was threatening to explode, I have turfed out and wore out some things so maybe next year some summer sewing might happen. I just had a skip backwards through your posts and found the one on home made bias binding, I have bought the odd bit of binding but it is so flimsy. I buy fabric on sale and make yards up at a time it is so easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For all that I seem to make a lot of clothes, I'm very good at disposing of them when their time is up - either because I don't like them any more or because they're worn out. This is me just replacing the last lot of those.

      Making your own bias binding is a great way to get unique bias binding. And the fact that you can get so much out of a small piece of fabric is an added benefit! :o)

      Delete
  7. Fabulous blouses - and even better when made from remnants!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you're having fun Anne -- your blouses are beautiful. My favorite is the spotty one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of all the blouses I've made in this batch, the spotty one is my favourite too! :o)

      Delete
  9. Just catching up on some blog reading and those blouses look great. Glad the Wee Soap Shop is going well. You must all be so proud. I'm actually back online and will post soon. Take care and hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I hope your move is going well. :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)