And then thought I could make some Christmas ones. 15 Christmas pinnies later ...
I then decided on the colours of tapes for them all and sat and overlocked all the edges of the Christmas ones.
I've now stitched down the edges on one pinny but my back hasn't been too good since I did all the cutting out and overlocking so I'm trying to listen to it and not overdo things. I hope to get back to the sewing over the weekend.
In the process of all that overlocking, the pedal for my overlocker got really, really hot. I mean *seriously* hot. Almost couldn't touch the pedal hot. Very, very scary!! (I'd been worried about the pedal making funny noises for a while but it was intermittent so I didn't do anything about it.) I thought it might be a good idea to see what I could do about the pedal and did some detective work online. After reading a few things about what could be wrong, I decided I'd probably save myself a lot of time and worry if I just got myself a new foot pedal. Ordered it yesterday, arrived today - not too shabby!
All I have to do now is take the leads from the old one and put them in the new one. I think I might leave that for Douglas to do. It's not that I couldn't do it myself but I like to make Douglas feel useful. :oD