Wednesday, 2 October 2013

stockings and blouses - 4 of each!

Well, I've got 4 stockings made and, even if I do say so myself, they're fab! (Excuse the bad light in the photos. It seems that there's been very little daylight today!)

And here's a close up of each one.

I need to get decent photos before I can load them into the tartan bee shop so I hope the light improves soon! I think that might be a song I'll be singing for most of the autumn/winter!

So, after all that Christmas sewing, I decided my next projects would be some dressmaking - for me. I dug into the piles of fabric and dug out some that I wanted to make blouses with. I got three cut out this afternoon. The top one is a really bonnie grey colour - not the washed out colour the photo would have you believe!

And I hope to get this one cut out tomorrow.

I'm not going to force myself to get these done quickly but, at least if they're cut out, I know I can get on with them if and when I feel like it! :o)

16 comments:

  1. I love the stockings, even if I am doing my best not to think about Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab stockings, and I LOVE those floral fabrics for your blouse. I've just cut out a dress this afternoon, so I'm stockpiling the sewing to be done too :-)
    Happy sewing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gilly. I look forward to seeing your dress. :o)

      Delete
  3. Chel at Sweetbriar Dreams mentioned you in her post so I popped over here and I'm glad I did. I just recently discovered that I love sewing and I'm in the process of making a baby quilt for my friend. I'm looking forward to getting some ideas and inspirations from your blog! I am a new follower!
    -Khammany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to meet you, Khammany. Thanks for taking the time to comment - and for following. :o)

      Delete
  4. I love the stockings! Wow, 4 complete! You are amazing.

    Pretty fabrics for your blouses, can't wait to see them finished. You are inspiring me to do a little garment sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna. I haven't done anything with the blouses yet - I have other plans afoot at the moment - but I hope to get at least one of them made soon!

      Delete
  5. Oh, I do love those Christmas stockings all hung in a row! They are wonderful, Anne! You surprised me... I thought you were only making one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL That's the trouble with me, Lorna - I rarely can make one of anything! :oD

      Delete
  6. I think the stockings are fab too. You're so productive, the blouses will be finished in no time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I hope to get at least one of the blouses made really soon! :o)

      Delete
  7. Well done you on those stockings and can;t wait to see the next lot of dressmaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy Anne, you're really on a roll with your sewing! Those stockings are adorable!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Anna. I have another 4 on the go! :oD

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)