Monday, 28 October 2013

16 pouches, a pincushion, a pair of culottes and some bunting

I have decided that 16 wee make-up bags is enough for Debbie's soap shop stall for now. I must say, I think they look quite cool on the piano lid! :oD

I decided the next thing I wanted to make - for myself!! - was a pincushion. I dug out my Maths set and drew a circle, divided it into 8 equal parts and cut those out.

I then cut those shapes out of scraps.

I sewed them together to make a circle:

Put a back on it, stuffed it and added a fancy flower thing to cover the centre. I *LOVE* it! :o)

Today's sewing consisted of a pair of culottes for me. This is the pattern I'm using:

I just need to put up the hems and give them a press and they're good to go. This isn't a very good photo but I hope to get the hemming and pressing done tomorrow so I might even take a photo of myself wearing them after I've done all that.

And I'm not the only one who's been sewing today. Debbie has been busy making some bunting for her stall. Looking good so far!

14 comments:

  1. Yes, 16 pouches is a lot of work! They look grand! Congrats on your cute pincushion and Debbie's bunting is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pincushion is just too adorable!

    You and Debbie have been quite busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pouches look good lined up on the piano lid. LOOOVE that pincushion. I've not worn culottes since I was a teenager (long time ago), and have you ever made anything, tried it on and hated it? It's one reason I don't make as many clothes as I did in the past. Anyway, I can't believe how busy you've been. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Susan, I've made tons of things that I've hated or they didn't fit me or they just didn't look good on me. If I can't do anything to make them better I add them to the bag for the charity shop. I reckon somebody somewhere might like/fit/look good in them! :o)

      Delete
    2. What darling make up bags! If I saw them in a booth, I know I would want one for certain! But which?

      I've never made a pin cushion and like how yours turned out. Can't wait to see you in your new culottes!

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Freda. I love my new pincushion. I stuffed it with crushed walnut shells so it's quite heavy so it stays where I put it! I'm just praying it doesn't fall off the table and land on my toes! :oD

      Delete
  4. Debbie's stall is going to look wonderful with that bunting, and everyone will be spoilt for choice with all those lovely make up bags. I like the butterfly one personally, though there's a few others which have caught my eye too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie's working hard to try and make her stall look good. All we need now is for the charity evening to be busy with ladies who are prepared to spend some money! :o)

      Delete
  5. I love the little bags, and the pincushion is super!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy Anne -- as always -- you've been busy! I love that piano shot. And your culottes look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. The culottes are really comfy! :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)