Friday, 27 September 2013

the other runner and the next project

I finally managed to get some decent photos of the three Christmas table runners I've made recently (took different people with different cameras 2 days to get anything remotely decent!) and have now loaded them into the tartan bee shop. I showed the first two here already so here's the third.

I have to say, I love it. I love the other two as well but there's something about the simplicity of this one that really strikes a chord with me. Simple, yes, but that didn't mean it was a 5 minute job. Nothing like it, actually. Still, for all that, I just might have to make another one of these sometime soon.

The next project is Christmas stockings. I first of all went through some of my Christmas scraps and cut them into 2½" squares. Then I worked out how many I'd need to make the same size of stockings that I made the template for and resulting stockings last year. I'll show you stocking number 2 here as this photo shows the design before it's quilted or sewn up.

And here is the first one I made all quilted, sewn up and lined. The back and inside are plain green fabric - I'll try to remember to take photos of that next time!

I'm really happy with this design so I'm definitely going to make a few more of these for the shop. Hopefully I'll get some sewing time over the weekend to get on with them. :o)

8 comments:

  1. I love the design of both the runner and the stocking. I don't think the light at the moment is very good for photos, it can take lots of attempts to get it right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm glad it's not just me who can't seem to get good photos, Jo. I was blaming the lack of light but, if it's bad now, what on earth will it be like in December! Eeeek!

      Delete
  2. You are a busy little tartan bee! Love your Christmas runners - you have just inspired me to think about adding that to my to-do list too :-)
    Happy weekend & happy stocking sewing!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckoned, if I started early enough, I might actually have some time later to make other things. Whether it works out like that has yet to be seen! :oD

      Delete
  3. Ho, ho, ho! Only 87 days to go! And you are well on your way. Love the gold thread you use to quilt with. It's like icing on the cake! Your runners are gorgeous and the stockings are sew cute! Good luck in your sales, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lorna. I'm really enjoying making the stockings so that's an added bonus! :o)

      Delete
  4. I love the simplicity of both the runner and the stockings. Maybe next year I'll make a couple of stockings, but not this one as this move is doing me in. You do such a lovely job of all that you make. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I hope the move isn't too stressful for you!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)