Wednesday, 4 September 2013

summery clothes for a dolly

I spent some time making some doll's clothes today. They're for a wee girl who lives far, far away from here but they're going on a plane journey tomorrow and she'll get them much more quickly than having to wait for the mail. Carolyn, if you see this post, please don't let E see these! It'll spoil the surprise. :o)

Grace graciously (!!) offered to model them for us - the dolly these are for is identical to Grace. :o)

A lovely purple flowery dress which matches her shoes perfectly!

I adore this peasant style blouse and skirt. It's just so cute!

A fabulous sundress.

And sneaky peak at a pair of pants to under all these outfits. *blush*

I hope E loves these outfits as much as I do. Now Grace is asking for some outfits like these for herself. I'll have to see what I can come up with for her. :o)

20 comments:

  1. They are lovely Anne and I'm sure E will love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I hope she does. :o)

      Delete
  2. The outfits are just too adorable Anne. Almost makes me want to start playing with dolls again....almost ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much fun making these, Jeanna, but the best bit was dressing the dolly! :o)

      Delete
  3. Awww, they're so pretty. I love things in miniature, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous clothes. The last doll's clothes I made were for my rag doll, many years ago. I love all the photos in the previous post People with Typepad blogs get a photo of me raising a glass of wine ......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. When my girls were wee, I'd always make their clothes plus a matching outfit for their dollies. It was always a good excuse to keep all the bits left over from dressmaking. :oD

      Delete
  5. The clothes are gorgeous. I think there will be a very happy recipient at the other end.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loved them, Ali! Debbie was talking to her earlier today and she was so excited she was almost buzzing! :oD

      Delete
  6. Eden did love them!!! Thank you so much, Anne. Eden now has a special little drawer of custom clothes for Rosie. She's chosen to dress Rosie up in the purple dress first!

    Eden's going for a sleepover at her cousin's house tonight...Rosie is going as well, with a little suitcase of clothes! Those girls are going to have so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad Eden liked the clothes, Carolyn. I think the sleepover with dollies sound great fun. I wish I could go! :oD

      Delete
  7. My daughter and her American Girl doll had matching handmade dresses made from a lavendar floral print nearly identical to that in your first photo! Ah, brings back good memories. They were so cute together. Too bad one of them had to grow up and outgrow the dress, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Sue! As I was making these clothes, I was remembering when my girls were wee and they would play at dressing up their dollies for hours and hours.

      Delete
  8. They are all very pretty, if I had to pick a favorite it would be the "peasant" outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's my favourite as well, Les. :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)