Monday, 2 September 2013

searching for a new avatar

I decided the other day that I wanted to change my avatar for my blog to a photo of myself instead of the wee tartan bee. Of course, I didn't have a photo of myself in my iPhoto because, let's face it, who takes photos of themselves? Not me!

So, I decided to ask my loving family to send me any *decent* photos of me to maybe use as an avatar. I would be able to crop out background stuff so I was hopeful that they would have something I could use. Let me show you what they sent me.

My hair isn't this colour any more.

How many double chins do I have in this one????

I have no idea what that is in front of my face ... but it's probably just as well it's there!

I look like I just ate a bug!

Wrong colour of hair and the shadow isn't helping! At least Molly looks good!

This one isn't too bad but what about the expression on Douglas's face?

Was I caught mid-word or something?

I love the expression on Joanna's face!

This one is actually okay. I very nearly used it.

I liked this one too but my hair wasn't quite sticky-uppy enough!

This one was taken yesteday. I just rejected it because it looks like I've got a lamp growing out of my head. The teddy bear in my spex looks completely normal!

And finally, the one I chose.

I might look daft in most of these photos but the best thing is, so do they! Gotcha back! Hahahaha! :oD

19 comments:

  1. Hilarious! Love the many views of Anne, through the eyes of your nearest and dearest. You're just going to have to learn to take selfies :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might be right, Sue! LOL

      Delete
  2. Oh Anne...I LOVE the all! You must rotate often so we get to see you. Such precious pics and it is a reflection of the fun in your life. Thank you so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna. I'm beginning to wonder if they have any "sensible" photos of me. Probably not! :oD

      Delete
  3. LOL! I got a much needed chuckle from that post! Love all the photos!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! I'm glad it made you laugh! :oD

      Delete
  4. Tee Hee, these are all fab - your sense of humour shines through!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I'm not sure if it's my sense of humour, Gilly, or insanity - or maybe a bit of both! :oD

      Delete
  5. It made me laugh and realise I don't have many photos of me either. Seems I take most of the photos, but I did have two on recently didn't I. Think it's all lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only photos I take of myself are usually to show skirts or tops I've made and, as my head isn't necessary to show those off, I usually decapitate myself in the photos! :oD

      Delete
  6. I think you look lovely in them all, you're a very happy family and that shines through in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos of you.... and I love the one you selected! What fun...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Freda. I think it was the most "sane" one in the bunch! Doesn't really say much, does it? :oD

      Delete
  8. I liked so many of them but I really did like the one with the mystery object in front of your face. I think I would have cropped out starting from the upper nose. It just seems like a fun pic to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I didn't think of only leaving the melon showing, Les. It might be an improvement! :oD

      Delete
    2. Wait, just the melon? I was meaning crop to show your nose and eyes in that "stunned" stage..... it's sort of funny & cute. : ) I like the off the wall pics.

      Delete
  9. Very funny!! Laughed aloud! Why have I not come across your blog before??
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to meet you, Liz. Thanks for taking the time to comment on my silliness! :oD

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)