Tuesday, 10 September 2013

my first custom order

I was contacted the other day by a person who was looking for a short frilly apron like the calico and tartan ones I sell in the tartan bee shop but instead of the tartan frill, she was looking for a red gingham frill. After a few messages back and forth, we decided on the length she wanted (16") and, yes, she'd prefer white cotton to the cream calico.

As it happened, I had just ordered some red gingham that day and had expected it to arrive on Friday. I was beginning to panic when it didn't arrive either on Friday or Saturday but, thankfully, it came yesterday so I set to and got busy with the sewing machine.

I finished it off this morning, sent her a photo to make sure it was what she wanted and she got back to me saying it was exactly how she imagined it would be. Yay!

I put it on my shop as a reserved listing with no photo (in case someone else decided to buy it!) and, within about 10 minutes of me giving her the link to the sale, it was all bought and paid for. I then wrapped it and posted it this afternoon. A wonderful experience for my first custom order!

20 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 1st custom order! May it be the first of many!!!!

    This was meant to be... why else would you have ordered the red gingham fabric?

    :)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Freda. It was quite surreal! :o)

      Delete
  2. Yay! Congratulations to you and your customer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really exciting. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. It's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on your first custom order! Love the pinnie - it is too pretty to wear for cooking, if like me you wipe your hands on your pinnie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, far too pretty for cooking with, Anne. She's using it on top of a Bavarian dirndl. :o)

      Delete
  7. Congrats on your custom order. The apron is sooo pretty. I'd could only wear that for best, no cooking I wouldn't want to spoil it, he he.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Me too, Ali. She's going to be wearing it as part of a Bavarian costume so I doubt she'll be cooking with it on!

      Delete
  8. just the cutest! If that was mine I'd want to wear another apron over it just to protect it from spills and stains! Love your creations!
    Linda
    Sew What!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's adorable Anne! I love the clean crisp look of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that apron, but I always need covering on the top half as well. Being so short is really a disadvantage at times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need my top covered too, Susan. I always wear full length pinnies when I'm cooking or baking. :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)