Friday, 13 September 2013

Billy

I ordered a really small ruler - 2½" square - from amazon on Wednesday. I was notified that it had dispatched and was going to be delivered by DPD. I love when DPD delivers parcels because they give you precise timings of when your parcel will arrive.

Sure enough, yesterday morning I got an e-mail from DPD telling me that Billy would be delivering my parcel between 15:46 and 16:46. It also had a link to click so I could see where Billy and my parcel were.

I had such fun with that! Every time I was on the computer - or my iPad - I clicked on the link to see where Billy was. Each time he was just a wee bit closer and they'd tell me how far away he was (in time). This is a screenshot I took when he was 45 minutes away! (You should be able to ctrl-click on the photo to make it bigger - I had to make it smaller to fit on my blog.)

 photo billy130913.png

Isn't that cool? It reminded me of watching Norad tracking Santa on Christmas Eve.

Billy duly brought me my ruler and, as I was signing his wee black box, I told him I'd been following his progress all day. I obviously hadn't been the first person to say this to him as he said - and I quote - "Not another one. Don't you have anything better to do with your time?". I was a wee bit astounded by his attitude but realised that he'd been on the road for 4½ hours and probably just wanted to get home. Poor Billy. I just smiled, thanked him profusely and sent him on his way.

Thanks for my parcel, Billy. I really liked watching for you all day! :oD

14 comments:

  1. I just wondered- if it was that small, why didn't they post it in a Jiffy Bag??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Angela. I wondered that myself. Still, it wouldn't have been so much fun if they had! :o)

      Delete
  2. Cute story Anne! We used to track Santa on the Norad when our kids were little. Ok...confession, we STILL like to tune in on Christmas Eve. Kind of a tradition.

    Enjoy your new little ruler :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we still track Santa - and take screenshots of where he is too. Last year he seemed to sit on the end of his runway for a really long time! :oD

      Delete
  3. Poor Billy -- what a life. Hundreds of people waiting on your every move LOL. We get tracking notices telling day of arrival, but nothing as sophisticated as your system!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the first time I'd seen that I could track Billy. DPD usually just te;; us the hour to expect the parcel and that, to me, is brilliant! Saves me staying in all day if I have to go out.

      Delete
  4. What fun! I like tracking packages too but don't have anything like your Billy-tracker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have fun tracking Billy. Poor man must have felt like he was being stalked! :oD

      Delete
  5. That's a great system. We still track Santa on Christmas Eve, even though the kids are older now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do too, Jo, and our kids are in their 30s now! If they ever decide to give up watching him, I'll just keep doing it on my own. :oD

      Delete
  6. I once had soething delivered by them - as you say it is great getting a precise delivery time ....... instead of hanging about for hours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other thing they have is a "deliver to my neighbour" button so, if I'm out taking mum to the hairdresser in the allotted hour, I can still get my parcel delivered. Every delivery company should adopt DPD's system. :o)

      Delete
  7. Poor Billy, probably thinks females are nutty. Have you used the ruler yet? Just catching up on a few of my favourite blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I did feel a bit sorry for him. All those women with nothing better to do with their day than stalking him on their computers! :oO

      And, yes, the ruler has already been well used. :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)