Tuesday, 24 September 2013

a new dress and a couple of runners

Last week I finally got around to making a dress for Debbie. She's been asking (nagging) me to make it for a while so I thought maybe it was time to get on and just do it!

It's this pattern

which I'd made once before for her. I just re-read that post and I see I said I wasn't going to make it again. Mmmmmmm.

Anyway, I did make it again but this time I left out the 8 godets and she wanted the sleeveless version. That reduced the time it took me but not by much! Thankfully the dress fits her beautifully. Phew!

Over the weekend, I made a start to another Christmas table runner. I finished it yesterday.

Here's a close-up of the fabrics I used.

I'm hoping to get some decent photos of it soon - along with the other runner I made last week - and will load both into the tartan bee shop as soon as that's done.

Today I made another runner - a different pattern this time. Here it is before I hand-sewed the binding on the back.

I've now finished it and will also put it into my shop when I get decent photos of it. I love sewing Christmassy things! :o)

10 comments:

  1. The dress looks lovely and aren't you so clever. Runner also looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress! She is wearing a pretty necklace too :)

    The table runners are very festive. I really like the quilting you did on the first one (like the last one) :)

    Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely dress, you're so clever. I love the runner, it will look so festive on the Christmas dinner table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress is so gorgeous as is the runner. Three months to Christmas! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's less than 90 days now, Chel. Yikes! :oD

      Delete
  5. That is a lovely dress, Anne! Great job! But your runners.... Gorgeous! They are sew festive! Beautiful fabrics. Good luck in your sales.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)