Monday, 12 August 2013

top, skirt and oven gloves

On Saturday, I got down to making the top I had cut out on Friday. It was Simplicity 2892, view A - shown in white on the pattern envelope.

Here's my version of it.

Thankfully, my alterations to the sleeve pieces worked beautifully and the whole thing fits me perfectly. Yay!! To be honest, I'm not too sure I like the puffiness of the sleeves so, if I make the top again, I'll think about making the sleeves less puffy.

I didn't have a purple or lilac button that matched so this is the one I chose. It's perfect! LOL

After making the top, I decided to make a skirt to match it. You can vaguely see it in the second photo of this post - it's purple and my current favourite skirt pattern, Butterick 4461.

Today I finally sewed the last stitch in the batch of oven gloves I cut out on the 5th of June. More than 2 months ago! *gasp*

Anyway, they're all done now and that makes me very happy. Next I have to take photos of them and then load them into the tartan bee. I hope that doesn't take me 2 months to do!!

12 comments:

  1. Lovely - I like the fabric x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely blouse pattern and your choice of fabric is pretty. Time flies sometimes doesn't it, as I cannot believe it's August already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Susan. Almost halfway through August already! Where did the rest of the year go?

      Delete
  3. Your blouse is just too cute! Love the tiny pleats at the neckline and your fabric is pretty.

    I'll have to check out the skirt pattern...I need skirts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna. I was a wee bit worried I'd look pregnant in the top because of the wee pleats at the neckline but they just made it fit all the better. Can't complain about that! :o)

      Delete
  4. Your productivity and sewing genius always inspires me! Well done on all those finishes :-)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks, Gilly. I'm going to have a go at finishing all the bags I've got cut out next. We'll see how long that takes me!

      Delete
  5. Very pretty and I love the button. There's some other lovely blouse patterns in that pack, I like the one on the model.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. The button makes me smile! :o)

      Delete
  6. I've been having a fun catch-up on your blog Anne! You've been so busy making such pretty blouses -- you're making me feel guilty as I have several waiting to be cut out. I love the pretty, feminine little prints you've been using!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)