Monday, 26 August 2013

some serious sconnage**

I went to get the photos off my camera of the skirt I made over the weekend and the blouse I started this afternoon. They weren't there. I could have sworn I'd taken photos of them but they weren't on the camera so I couldn't have. What a numpty! :oD

So, until it's daylight again and I can get photos taken of the skirt and blouse, I'll just have to show you the sconnage we indulged in on Friday instead.

Douglas had a fruit scone with butter and jam and a cappucino.

Joanna had a cinnamon scone with cream and jam and a strawberry frappé.

I had a cherry scone with butter and jam and a pot of tea.

Personally, I don't think it's a hardship to look at sconnage - especially when it looks as good as those ones! :oD

**Sconnage - a word made up by Anne who blogs at frayed at the edge to define the eating of scones - a combination of scone and tonnage! :oD

13 comments:

  1. Sconnage! I like it...

    Everything looks wonderful...that is a massive cappucino!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sconnage is such a great word - and very appropriate too! :oD

      Delete
  2. Yummy, this sconnage thing must be catching. I'll have to tell a lady who makes the most wonderful scones every Tuesday at Vision Australia, but she is in Europe at the moment. It sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think sconnage should be shared all over the world, Susan! :oD

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing your sconnage. I always think the word sounds better said in a scottish accent, so that's how I hear it in my head :)
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL People have said to me before that they read my posts in a Scots accent. :oD

      Delete
  4. I love sconnage! Thought of you this week as we've gone camping, and as a bon voyage gift my daughter's friend's mum gave us a plate of scones. We've enjoyed them in our motorhome. I even ate them properly, with jam :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed your scones, Sue. Have a great holiday. :o)

      Delete
  5. Haha -- sometimes we think about doing something so much that it seems like we've actually done it -- I do that kind of thing all the time. And those scones! Holy Cow -- look how big they are -- they look fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. That's why I eat very little for lunch on the days we have sconnage! :oD

      Delete
  6. I could look at sconnage all day, but I'd rather be partaking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)