Tuesday, 13 August 2013

morning walks

Douglas and I have started going for a walk in our local park every morning. We're going before breakfast at about 7.30am. The park is really quiet at this time of the day which is lovely.

This morning, I said to Douglas that I was going to bring my camera with me one morning so I could take some photos of how the park looks at this time of year. He mentioned that he had his phone with him - of course he did, he never goes anywhere without it! LOL - so he said he would take a photo for me if I wanted. So he did. Here we are:

When he sent me the photo, I laughed out loud. Not at the shadows but at the bird poo on my leg! Next time we'll be more careful where we stand! LOL

20 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha - I didn't notice the bird poo but did notice that you're both very tall!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And have very small heads - especially Dad's! LOL

      Delete
  2. I didn't notice the bird poo either until you mentioned it. then I laughed out loud!!!!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't notice it whilst we were walking! I wonder if the camera just makes it more obvious somehow? :oD

      Delete
  3. Bird poo? I thought you both were wearing your painter's pants :)

    Can't wait to see some pics of your park!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! They do look a bit like painter's trousers, Jeanna! LOL

      Delete
  4. You're too funny Anne -- I guess you're never safe from bird poop LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, you're both a lot taller than I'd imagined !! ;-) tee hee
    An early morning walk in the park sounds good though - a lovely way to start the day.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! My shadow makes me look far taller than 5'4"!! LOL

      Delete
  6. Just love that and it made me smile. Reminds me of when we were kids and playing with our shadows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to do that too, Susan! :o)

      Delete
  7. LOL, too funny. I didn't notice the poo. I was busy admiring your stature ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I'm making the most of being so tall! :oD

      Delete
  8. I saw lots of bird poo on the sidewalk. Cute picture too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I blame all the seagulls! The park is right next to the beach!

      Delete
  9. Ha ha, at least it's only on your shadow, I've had birds poop right on my head before now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not had that happen to me, Jo, but people walking beside me have. Phew, that was close! :oD

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)