Thursday, 1 August 2013

more sewing

Yesterday, I wouldn't let myself do any dressmaking until I'd sewn some more bags. So I made 3.

I made yet another skirt using my new favourite skirt pattern - Butterick 4461. This photo shows the lovely material -

And this one shows me wearing it. I love it!

Today, I wouldn't allow myself to do any dressmaking at all. Why? Because the oven gloves had been sitting around unfinished way too long. I decided I'd sew on the bias binding on to some of them.

Once I'd done a few, I just decided to keep going until all of them had their bindings sewn on the fronts.

I spent a long time this afternoon pinning the bias on to the back of each glove. This isn't even half of them!

I've now got them all pinned and have started sewing the bindings on by hand. 2 done, 19 to go. But now that they're down to the hand sewing stage, I can maybe allow myself to do some dressmaking tomorrow. We'll see. :oD

12 comments:

  1. Oh Anne your a hard taskmaster. Hope you get some dressmaking done tomorrow.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Ali. It's the only way I can get things done around here! :oD

      Delete
  2. Go on...treat yourself, you deserve it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne,
    If there is some way of letting me know your email address, I will be doing a lot of cleaning up ready to move and I know I might have some scraps etc. that you may be able to use, so would love to talk to you via that method.
    Love all your bags and that skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, How kind you are to think of sending me stuff! My e-mail address is annelee55 at yahoo dot com - without the spaces and the @ and . as usual. (I hope that makes sense!)

      Delete
  4. I hope you did lots of dressmaking!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a blouse sewn - just the buttonholes and buttons to do. Go me! :o)

      Delete
  5. You do so many cute projects. I actually sorted through my patterns today looking for some inspiration! I should have come here! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your skirt! I want one! Gotta start sewing for myself!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, Linda. And that skirt would be a great place to start. It is soooooooo easy. :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)