Friday, 30 August 2013

another blouse and skirt

Over the last couple of days, I've made another blouse using my adjusted pattern and another skirt using Butterick 4461.

This photo shows the design on the blouse fabric more clearly and shows the true colour of the skirt. I love them both!

The best thing about both of these garments is that both pieces of fabric came from the remnant table in my local fabric shop. The blouse fabric cost me £4 and the skirt fabric cost me £2. Now that's what I call a great deal!

The buttons came from my button boxes so no extra cost there but I didn't have the right colour of zip for the skirt so I went to the same fabric shop today to get one. Needless to say, I took a look at the remnant table and picked up another piece of cotton for £4. I'll be making another bargain blouse with that one soon. I do love a bargain! :o)

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous outfit. And now I know where I get my love of a bargain from!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bargains are the best thing ever! Other than chocolate, of course! LOL

      Delete
  2. Looking good Anne, and I;ve just purchased the blouse pattern you showed a couple of posts ago and am going to try and get some time to make a skirt and top for summer this year. Haven't done much clothes sewing for ages. Thanks for giving me some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to think I've inspired you, Susan. I'm sure it'll all go well! :o)

      Delete
  3. A lovely outfit, and so thrifty. I do love a good bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love remnant tables... always a lot of good stuff there!

    Beautiful fabric and great colors! You GO, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to go and get some thread this morning and I just know I'll be back at the remnant table. It's an addiction! :oD

      Delete
  5. Great colours and I love the neck line. I've never tried making clothes, always been a bit scared! Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chel. The blouse is very comfy and easy to wear - a real bonus! :o)

      Delete
  6. Way cute Anne! You are on a roll...keep up the good work. You'll have a whole new wardrobe before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna. I might have to have a bit of a clear out if I keep going like this! :oD

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)