Wednesday, 7 August 2013

33

Our first baby turned 33 today! Yikes! How on earth did that happen?

We took the train over to Edinburgh to meet up with Debbie for a birthday picnic. Poor Jason was working the stand at the West End Fair so couldn't get away to join us. We did save him some! :oD

This was Debbie opening one of her parcels - 3 books about canning and preserving. She told me they were on her Amazon wish list! I had no idea. Clever old me, eh? :oD

This is just some of the food we had. It was all delicious. There's just something about egg sandwiches and crisps and fizzy drinks and so on and so on that just taste so much better eaten as a picnic. By the way, nobody ate the apples - they're way too healthy! :oD

Joanna needed a nap after lunch! :oD

And this was the view we enjoyed as we ate - Edinburgh Castle in all its glory.

Happy Birthday, Debs. Have a great day! :o)

18 comments:

  1. I look like I'm faking but I really was tired! It was a good day, though. :) Happy Birthday, Dibs. J :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were faking - your eyes were blinking like they did when you were a child and you couldn't understand how I knew you weren't asleep! :oD

      Delete
    2. Nope - was just resting my eyes! ;) If I had been faking like I did when I was small, I would have squeezed my eyes so tightly shut because that's what happens when you're sleeping. Obviously! :D

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday to your baby, that looks like a fabulous birthday picnic...and what a view!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our first baby turned 33 this year too! Time has flown by far too quickly-now she has a 7 year old daughter who is the image of her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how our children get so old so quickly! :oD

      Delete
  4. Merry Birthday to Deb and it looks like Joanna wasn't the only on napping (or fake napping) today! What a wonderful picnic and birthday celebration. The castle looks amazing!

    Thanks for sharing Anne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there were a lot of people lying around on the grass either napping or fake napping! :oD

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday to your daughter! And a happy BIRTHday to you, Anne!

    What a lovely day for a picnic and what a beautiful location! Great views too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to Debbie and my "Baby" is 35 going on 36. Looks like you all had a lovely day and I've only seen Edinburgh Castle in the pouring rain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday to Debbie. It looks like a fantastic spot for a picnic. I can see that a good day was had by you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. It was a good day - and, because we took the train, there was no worries about finding a car park space.

      Delete
  8. My baby will be 35 next month - how is that possible when I am 29!! Perfect picnic (although I would drink Irn Bru!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I was just saying that to Joanna. I was 32 a couple of days after she turned 31 so how can her big sister be 33? It's a miracle! :oD

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)