Tuesday, 30 July 2013

notebook covers and other stuff

The market on Sunday was, to put it bluntly, a disappointment. Debbie and Jason sold one chopping board from their stock and one bag from mine. Undaunted, they've got a stall at a week-long fair from Friday - again in Edinburgh - so hopefully more people will go and buy stuff there! Fingers crossed!

I managed to get 3 notebook covers made for Joanna to take to her work to see which one the HR department want to give to their colleague.

Front of the patchworked version:

And the back:

This one is such a beautiful classy fabric I thought it would spoil it if I added her initials to it so I didn't.

And this one is actually my favourite. Isn't that butterfly fabulous?

I'm secretly hoping that they either won't be able to choose and will buy them all or, once they've chosen the one to give as a gift, they'll like them so much, they'll buy the other two too. A girl can dream, eh?

I had to make some new tartan bee labels today.

96 all cut and ready to be used.

After sewing the notebook covers, I really wanted to do some dressmaking but I bossed myself into finishing off 3 oven gloves instead.

I might allow myself to do some dressmaking tomorrow. Maybe. Crumbs, I'm bossy! :oD

12 comments:

  1. All the notebook covers are gorgeous. My favourites are the butterfly ones. I hope the sales are better at the next market, I guess it's very unpredictable. You made me laugh bossing yourself around, I hope you manage to get some dress making done tomorrow.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali. It was pouring rain on Sunday so we're hoping that this week-long fair has better weather!

      Delete
  2. The notebooks are lovely and my favourite is the middle one. Maybe everyone will want one and then you might be even busier. The next fair might be a better event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. Our fingers are tightly crossed. :o)

      Delete
  3. Oh Anne, I'm sorry the Market was a bust...but there is always next time.

    I just adore your oven mitts!

    Good luck with the notebook covers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm visiting from Sweetbriar Dreams! I love your pretty creations and saved your Etsy shop in my favs! Love the cute fabric you use for your aprons! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my wee blog, Diane. It means a lot to me that you took the time to comment - and to say such lovely things too. You've made my day! :o)

      Delete
  5. I laughed at you bossing yourself - it reminded me of Gollum in Lord of the Rings! Love the notebook covers - and it reminded me that I have soe in my unsold stash from last year's Christmas Fair - I must remember them when I need a present!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read/seen LOTR, Anne, so I've no idea who Gollum is. *blush* Covered notebooks would make a great presents! :o)

      Delete
  6. I would find it very difficult to choose from those because each is lovely in a different way. Good luck with the next fair, I'm sure they do have good days and bad days. Better weather is bound to help. Extra good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't know what the forecast is for next week in Edinburgh but tourists are there no matter what the weather is like so maybe they'll come to the fair anyway. Fingers crossed! :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)