Friday, 26 July 2013

market sewing

I was busy sewing again today. First of all I made a couple of pinnies (aprons).

Next I made some more bags. First of all, this scooter fabric. I hope others love it as much as I do!

And I made 2 of this one. I actually thought the pattern was all cats until I was giving the bags a final press and realised that some of them are dogs! I liked the fabric when I thought it was all cats but it's even cooler now that I see the dogs too! :oD

I also made another bag in the campervan print like the one on the right here as I sold the other one. Yay!

These bags and pinnies will go into my Etsy shop some time after Sunday - assuming they've not sold. Debbie & Jason have a table at a market in Edinburgh on Sunday and they're going to take some of my tartan bee stuff along too. They've done this market twice before and sold quite a few of my things as well as their own. How exciting!

I've also been asked to make a notebook cover for a leaving gift for someone at Jo's work so that's going to be my "task" over the weekend. It won't be a task, though. How could I not enjoy making something "in teal/turquoise with sparklies, butterflies, her initials and a dedication (if possible) and pretty much free reign after that"? I'll be doing some diving into my scrap boxes - I can't wait to get started! :o)

11 comments:

  1. Just love the fabrics you find to use for your bags and pinnies. Hope they sell well and you enjoy the weekend sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the scooter fabric too! Well done, another productive day for you :-) Hopemthe market goes well,
    Have a great weekend
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gilly. I hope your weekend goes well too! :o)

      Delete
  3. Oh how I love those fabrics. Your pieces are adorable and I would LOVE to visit your friend's table in Edinburgh...but alas, I'm in Florida :(

    Hope you sell out!

    Kindest regards,
    Jeanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! Unfortunately it's raining in Edinburgh at the moment but hopefully that won't last! :o)

      Delete
  4. Now I know why you are the Tartan Bee - busy busy busy! Great stuff Anne - I think your camper van one in particular is a winner - you could be on to something there! Good luck for Sunday x Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane. The camper van fabric is fab, isn't it? :o)

      Delete
  5. Guess what came in the post today Anne? A wonderful camper van bag!! Thanks so much, this is just perfect! You are brillant and I will stop gushing now! Chel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad the bag arrived safely, Chel. Thanks again for buying it! :oD

      Delete
  6. Oh those cheeky dogs hiding among the cats. I hope you got lots of sales at the market. I can't wait to see the notebook cover. It already sounds beautiful and I've not seen it.
    Have a lovely week.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)