Wednesday, 24 July 2013

bags of bags

The bag sewing is going very well. Yesterday I sewed 4 bags like this:

Today I decided that, instead of sewing all the bags of one fabric at a time, I'd do one of each design that I could sew with cream thread. That way, if I don't get the others done, at least there'll be more choice of designs available.

I got these 2 done to the finishing off the threads stage -

And these 3 are just waiting to be double stitched around the tops and then the threads finished off. That will be done tomorrow as I have to be careful and listen to my back. When it tells me it's time to stop sewing for the day, I have to do that or regret it for days after.

Whilst I was uploading the above photos from my camera, this one was also there.

It's a prototype of a pvc bag which I sewed on Sunday. I wanted to experiment with the best ways to sew pvc on my machine. So far, using a teflon foot and always sewing with the pvc on the top (closest to the foot) is working best for me. I also used mini bulldog clips to hold the pvc in place as I sewed it. It took me over an hour to make this bag so, if I do ever make them for selling, I'll need to speed up a bit, methinks! :o)

16 comments:

  1. Oooo, are you selling these? I just love love love the VW bag (I've got a bit of a thing for these!) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Chel. I'll be putting them in my Etsy shop as soon as I've got them all made. :o)

      Delete
  2. The bags are coming along great and I also loved your blouses on last post, though I didn't comment. The first one was really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These bags are so cute! Perfect combination of funtionality and whimsy! Just love the interesting and fun fabrics you have chosen!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. My daughter told me I needed to use quirky fabrics - I think I've managed that! :oD

      Delete
  4. Your bags are adorable Anne. I love the cute (and FUN!) prints you're using on them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fabrics... they make me smile!

    I've yet to try sewing on that plastic fabric... good idea to use the clips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Freda. I've seen those wee red Clover clips being used by quilters for sewing on binding but I thought, if the bulldog clips worked, then I could save my money - for buying more fabric! :oD

      Delete
  6. You have been a very busy tartan bee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous bags and lovely fabric. But the chocolate one is yummy. I couldn't take that one shopping I'd just fill it with chocolate.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)