Friday, 5 July 2013

as time goes on

You may remember, back in May, for my birthday, amongst other fabulous gifts, Joanna gave me a clock movement. I had thought I might make a patchwork clock for my sewing room. I got myself an 8" x 8" blank canvas from Dunelm Mill a good few weeks ago with the intention of making said patchwork clock.

Well, today, I dug out the canvas and wondered, if I was to make a patchwork face, how would I attach it to the canvas? Glue? Mmmmm - could get messy.

So, then I started thinking - a dangerous thing to do, I know! :oD - how about just covering the canvas with fabric and then fitting the clock on to that? Great idea!

I knew I wanted a fabric that I loved but didn't want to cut up for sewing. I took a quick look at some of the fabrics on my shelves and then the perfect one just jumped right out at me. Perfect, I tell you. Don't you agree? (For anyone interested, it's called "Keep Calm" and it's by Timeless Treasures.)

I cut the fabric out, stapled it on to the back of the canvas and then worked out where the centre was. Then I cut a wee hole in the fabric-covered canvas and fitted in the clock movement.

Oh my goodness, it's just so perfect for my sewing room clock. It'll get put in place tomorrow but, in the meantime, it's sitting on the piano being admired.

18 comments:

  1. What a great idea! What a cool clock! Now I want one for my sewing room... *lol*



    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Anne, it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a really fab idea, and that fabric IS just perfect ! Well done :-)
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gilly. I hope your weekend wasn't too warm! :o)

      Delete
  4. It's lovely. Perfect for your sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genius - and each time you look at it you will have a little mantra! I think you could definitely sell these. Well done x Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, now that's something I didn't think of - but now I will think of it! Thanks, Jane. :o)

      Delete
  6. Brilliant and well done! As my daughter says..."I want me one!" Chel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cracking idea! I love the fabric and the idea.... just fab.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How CUTE Anne! And you're right -- that fabric IS perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)